Musicians Collaboration Studio

Julie, Julie, Julie (Version A - feat Errol and SteveA)

AndyG6508 · 28 · 15393

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
Thanks Steve, Ive heard many a great drums track from you, but this one is right up there as one of your best. Great feel!!

Andy

I enjoyed being part of this song, once I heard the fantastic guitar riffs the inspiration just flowed. Great work everyone.
Thanks mate, very high praise indeed :-)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Update 24 April 13 -  A super new remix by Steffen has been added onto the first post. It is his preferred mix and I must say I have to agree as well :). Well done Steff!!

Andy

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
This one put a smile on face  :)

The drums are killer , and that wah guitar part is perfect for song. The bass just bounces along and it's topped off by a fine vocal performance.  Very catchy tune too. 

Steffen did a real nice job - I like the little echo delay parts and the guitar panning. Mix wise I think it's hard to pick a winner because the drums have much more attitude is the first mix and I think it hurts the song a little in mix two when they sit back in favour a more in your face vocal.

I think you had it more right the first time in terms of balance but the second mix is cleaner more Hifi but mix 1 got me tapping along much more.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Wow Mark you're really catching up on you listening backlog :).

Yes, I like this one too, it was a welcome relief from the prog rock stuff and the drums, gtrs, and vocals are super.

Steffen did a great job, I too prefer the first mix :)

Andy

The drums are killer , and that wah guitar part is perfect for song. The bass just bounces along and it's topped off by a fine vocal performance.  Very catchy tune too. 

Steffen did a real nice job - I like the little echo delay parts and the guitar panning. Mix wise I think it's hard to pick a winner because the drums have much more attitude is the first mix and I think it hurts the song a little in mix two when they sit back in favour a more in your face vocal.

I think you had it more right the first time in terms of balance but the second mix is cleaner more Hifi but mix 1 got me tapping along much more.

CD

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Wow Mark you're really catching up on you listening backlog :).

Yes, I like this one too, it was a welcome relief from the prog rock stuff and the drums, gtrs, and vocals are super.

Steffen did a great job, I too prefer the first mix :)

Andy

CD

Well I do try and listen to everything that gets Finished - Don't always make it through the whole track  ;D  This one got 3 consecutive spins though. Still waiting for a Benny album, I'd definitely play it in the car to work.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

Offline rightonthemark

• Super Hero
the opening guitar riff reminded a bit of back in the new york groove from ace frehley.
nice tune here.
it's like ace frehley meets david bowie.
rock-n-roll ain't pretty --- that's why they picked us to play it.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UClRdBv1Ml1GLcVddYNFM-nA

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the listen and comment!! The Kiss meets Bowie comparison is interesting.

This was basically an attempt to write something based around 2 chords :).

Andy

the opening guitar riff reminded a bit of back in the new york groove from ace frehley.
nice tune here.
it's like ace frehley meets david bowie.

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Update 29Jul13 - Version B with Holger on vocals and Ken on Drums posted separately.

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
Hey Andy, I like the fact you have given this track a sleeve cover. It just popped up on Winamp whey I played this track.
That is something that I do miss, album (single) artwork.
Good job, bro  8)

What is it about?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:27:06 PM by Albino »

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Hey Steve,

Glad you liked the image. I try to give each song some sort of cover art, usually downloaded from the Internet. As long we don't try to sell the music we wouldn't be sued hopefully!

You've got to ask AndyF about the subject matter, I think it' s nicely open to different interpretation.

Cheers
Andy

Hey Andy, I like the fact you have given this track a sleeve cover. It just popped up on Winamp whey I played this track.
That is something that I do miss, album (single) artwork.
Good job, bro  8)

What is it about?  ;D