Musicians Collaboration Studio

Preparing tracks for upload onto site

Offline underpressure

Hi all, Noob here. Is anyone familiar with Presonus Studio One "Artist" edition? I need to pull some tracks from it for uploading to the site and am not sure about how to go about this as I just started using this software very recently and have not had a whole lot of time to investigate it due to all the Christmas shopping going on and anything and everything else that seems to pop up just when I want to play. I'm sure you all can relate.

Anyway, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for reading!!!  :)

Offline underpressure

Thanks for the interest in helping "everyone". I love this site!!! :)

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
Ok, Once you have recorded your track, mute the parts you don't want in the mix, unmute a short intro click (to help others line it up in their software) and choose the "song" button in the upper left of the screen. Then choose "export file". Export as a wav for seps or export as wma if you like.

When uploading wavs to this site, compress them first to save space. Using monkeysaudio, which you can download free : http://monkeysaudio.com/

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Hi!

I have the pro edition, but the method probably is the same. I've attached two quick mini "videos" showing how to export a complete mixdown and seps.

Since Studio One supports FLAC, you don't need any external tool (FLAC is more or less equal to APE in terms of compressed size, and it is much more widely accepted than APE - although we usually don't have any problems with APE here at MCS).

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post