Musicians Collaboration Studio

Not For Sale (Kim, Johnny, Stoman, Gbm, Pleasuredome, AndyG, ...)

stoman · 20 · 6585

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
Steffen

This really needs REAL drums!

There is a constant droning symbol sound predominantly in center that is so annoying, mainly because it is an unidentifiable sound and is taking up high end bandwidth. it could be a sustained symbol or a distorted guitar, I don't know which! But it is very annoying, it is high end dirt in the mix. Can you do a mix without that high end white noise sound?  (It stops at 1:15 - 1:22 and is clean here.)

:)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:18:21 AM by gbm »

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Thanks, Gentlemen! :)

Johnny, I'd love to do more tunes based on your fabulous lyrics!

Gary: Actually the sound of the drums is really great IMO. Real drums (recorded in a home studio) can never sound half as good, but: MIDI drums can never sound real in terms of performance. No way - even the most professionally recorded/programmed MIDI drums will always sound like MIDI, but it's really just the performance, not the sound

The performance is quite ok for a pop/rock song, but it's just not real. A human drummer would play different patterns and make mistakes that provide a more organic feel which would do the song good. It's not really essential for the song to work, but it would take it to the next level.

As for that synth sound/FX you mentioned: That's actually an essential part of the song. It was designed that way, and I love it. :) Matter of taste, obviously, but I'm afraid you'd have to pay me a billion dollars to mute it! :D

I know, producers can be stubborn. :D
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

As for that synth sound/FX you mentioned: That's actually an essential part of the song. It was designed that way, and I love it. :) Matter of taste, obviously, but I'm afraid you'd have to pay me a billion dollars to mute it! :D

I guess you are not for sale!!!!

Great job guys and gal.

NickT
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Definitely not for sale! :D ;)

Thanks, Nick. When will we finally hear you making music again?

I guess you are not for sale!!!!

Great job guys and gal.

NickT
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Definitely not for sale! :D ;)

Thanks, Nick. When will we finally hear you making music again?

Soon. But I am happy music is still being created here!

NickT
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com