Musicians Collaboration Studio

Around me

Offline billybrock

Here is a ballad that I wrote earlier this year, and GBM helped to complete it by doing the instrumental, arrangement and mixing.

Music, Lyrics and vocal by Billy Wade (Billybrock)
Instrumentation, Arrangement and mixing by Gary Miller (GBM)

Hope you like!!

Billy W.

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
Billy nice song!

I don't consider this to be "my" arrangement, it's mostly your arrangement I just interpreted the chords to your vocals.  8) 

Was fun!

:) :) :) :)

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Good to see this finished, Billy. I know you always wanted this to be a slow song with a big-band arrangement. I think Gary did a good job, although the sounds are very artificial. But what can we do if the London Symphony Orchestra isn't available. ;)

The vocal could use some melodyning. That would - for me - increase the listening pleasure. It actually does sound melodyned to me, but not done the right way (does not sound natural). Sorry if I'm misinterpreting what I hear.

Regards,
  Steffen

Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline PVD

• Super Hero

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Good feel to this Billy, I'm with Steffen on the instumentation though - It comes across a bit like a fake keyboards sounds.

Nice chords....the vocals seem to need a bit more FX to make them sit in track, as they sound a little 'stuck on' at the moment.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline billybrock

Hi Guys, Thanks for the critique.

Unfortunately, I can only supply the idea and vocals. The points you raised are not within my capacity, and I rely on others to help out. Maybe Gary will re-address this or maybe someone else will step in to help out. I am very grateful to both Gary and Steffen for taking an interest in what I do and coming up with decent arrangements. They are the only members so far to work on my songs.

I see most of the compositions on MSC are Rock, heavy metal, country or pop. So my genre may not be of interest to most. But I will always welcome help, and I will always be ready to help out with vocals on any other members compositions that I feel I can make a positive contribution.

Billy W.

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
Here's a new version with Billy's vox pitch corrected.

Deleted a verse.