Musicians Collaboration Studio

Instrumentals for TV Licensing

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Now the force must be with you, Jedi.

Hi Mark,

All the best with the project.

Hope to see your name up in lights soon!!

Andy

Have signed first contract with an LA Based Library that supply MTV..background cues for reality shows..they use tons of 'em if you watch. No name in lights though lol
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Update:----  8)

Wow has it really been this long. Just thought I would update you with where we are at now !

Things are starting to take shape. I think we're making better music now than the last time I posted. We've been signed up by 3 more Music Libraries in 2017....2 in the US and one here in the UK and we supplied a bunch more stuff to the one we already started working with in 2016.

Between those 4 Libraries we have over 100 tracks signed, some exclusively but the majority non-exclusively so we can use them elsewhere too.

The back end of last year saw us starting to hear about a few placements we've had in TV shows.

1  - You're the One - Second Chances on MTV used 30 secs of one of my Dubtep cues   

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/so-much-for-the-battle

2 - We got one of our songs used in a TV show called Abandoned on Viceland

3 - We had a soundalike track that was a bit like " Lust For Life " used in a Radio Ad for the last 3 months of 2017

We've yet to receive any royalties as the uses were all in a different country to our own performing rights society so they run 6 - 9 months behind but we are gradually seeing a bit of traction with placements.

We won't get rich off any of these ! You just have to have lots of 'em ..maybe in 10yrs  I can quite the day job.

Here is an example of my my most recent track...I feel my mixes are getting slicker, it's just the constant practice  ::)

https://soundcloud.com/cosmicdolphin/you-know-it-final-mix-mastered/s-gDtOu

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
8) 8) 8)

Hey Doc !

Got another small but worthwhile update, one of the submissions we made via Taxi has resulted in Music Library called InStyle Music getting in touch about one of our songs.  

We've signed up with them now but it has opened the door to submit music for all the TV shows they work with...they just put a call out for Season 15 of Keeping Up With The Kardashians so between now and the end of March we can submit to try and get our music into that.  

I know a few people from the Taxi forums who have had placements in the same show and they say they make good money from them so fingers crossed we can get a few things in it.

CD

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:44:07 AM by CosmicDolphin »

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
8) 8) 8)

Hey Doc !

Got another small but worthwhile update, one of the submissions we made via Taxi has resulted in Music Library caled InStyle music getting in touch about one of our songs. 

We've signed up with them now but it has opened the door to submit music for all the TV shows they work with...they just put a call out for Season 15 of Keeping Up With The Kardashians so between now and the end of March we can submit to try and get our music into that. 

I know a few people from the Taxi forums who have had placements in the same show and they say they make good money from them so fingers crossed we can get a few things in it.

CD

Wow!
I wish you luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you get to the Grammy´s then and you meet Kim K. please touch her butt and say hello for me!

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
8) 8) 8)

Hey Doc !

Got another small but worthwhile update, one of the submissions we made via Taxi has resulted in Music Library caled InStyle music getting in touch about one of our songs. 

CD

Wow!
I wish you luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you get to the Grammy´s then and you meet Kim K. please touch her butt and say hello for me!

Haha..her butt scares me..I ain't going near that thing

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Cosmic,

Great news, best of luck!
Andy

Cheers Andy, hope you are well mate.

I'll update you when I actually get paid for something !  ::)

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
LOL@Henry and Kim K.'s butt!!
Congratulations Mark, wishing you much more success! :)
Damn it Jim! I'm a WRITER - not a Doctor!!

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
This seems really interesting stuff Mark well done indeed

Thanks Stoney

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
LOL@Henry and Kim K.'s butt!!
Congratulations Mark, wishing you much more success! :)

Cheers -I will update any progress  :)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

Hey Doc I have a butt update for you and the guys.

Things have been going fairly slowly all year but we've been really busy writing music and these past few weeks has seen a couple of my tracks appear in Keeping Up With The Kardashians from the stuff I placed with the Library mentioned previously Instyle Music. They supply quite a few different shows and I've got about 25 tracks with them now.

The first one was very much in the background..A Future Bass cue that I wrote...but the latest one was more featured and I got a spot over 30s which is good for reality TV especially one that popular.

The track I wrote is called Velocity ..kinda synth pop , they basically have briefs and refernce tracks to give an idea what they want and then you can submit for consideration, you can hear my track here :

https://soundcloud.com/user-45178330/velocity-as-heard-in-keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-s15-e11

If you want to see it in action you it's around 11:20 on this video :  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wdr27

So I wrote that back in February not long after my previous post about them gathering music for the show ..some of the stuff I submittted was rejected but I got 8 accepted so those would end up in folder sent to the music supervisor on the show by the Library along with everyone else's and then it's just pot luck I guess if it fits a scene.

So 7 or 8 months later it's aired and in about a year or more I'll get paid royalties through PRS which is our PRO here in the UK. It's avery long funnel from writing to getting paid for anything and I am still awaiting payment on the other placements but I don't expect it to be much.  The Kardashians should be a better paid gig.

In other news we got into another Library called Lab Hits ( we auditioned with some rejected music that we wrote for Instyle lol ) and the owner asked for an albums worth so I spent about 9 weeks on that little project

That Album is called " Rage Quit " and you can listen to it on the Lab Hits website. It's about 7 rows down on the album page as I did that back in July now..

https://labhits.sourceaudio.com/#!albums

We also contributed to a few other albums on there :

Panic Cage  ( the title track is mine plus a few others : Raw Bones & Discompusure :  )

Just Let Go ( we also did the title track to this one as well as Yesterdays Dream and Fallen Dreams )

War Tribe  ( Dystopean Horde :  Savage Freedom : Tribal Solsitice : Sirrocco Sunset )

It's been a ton of work but it's fun to make try all different types of music. Sometimes it's hard when you spend a week on a track and it gets rejected but 90% has been accepted overall and sometimes one Library rejection leads to another opportunity.

The worst thing is probably the delay between writing something and getting paid for it..the pipeline is about 3yrs long even if you are writing good music they need at a good standard.  It's hard to be motivated to keep at it sometimes but deadlines help and when you see your track on TV and know that millions of people will eventually hear it that's kinda cool. Even if they will never know it's you !

We are currently writing a new album with the idea of pitching it to a new library , it's hybrid rock / electronic. We imagine it in Extreme Sports type stuff maybe. We will see how that turns out !

CD 

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Sounds great CD. you really have that EDM down!
The mixes are clean, driven and pump!

Good luck buddy!

NickT
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com