Musicians Collaboration Studio

Category by instrument?

Offline Irminsul

Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm new here.  Is there a section on this site where you can search by player?  Say guitarists, percussionists, violinists, etc?

Thanks

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Irminsul -

Welcome to the site. This place is set up "song" driven. What I mean is we post Song ideas in the Studio A board and pick what we are looking for in the collaboration options. That way a player can come in and do a search for all the songs that need guitar or vocals or whatever and then go listen to the tune. If interested, you may then submit an audition.

You can filter by using the dropdowns when you select "open Audtions" or "Collab Search" in the menu to the left.

We are going to add an "artist" area where each individual cam post and be categorized.

you are in the right area for information. Read some of the sticky notes.

Hope that helps,

Nick

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:06:16 PM by NickT »
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline StevieRich

• Give me a riverbank and a cool breeze
Hi Nick,

When you say you are setting up an artist area, does that mean that say I want to see all works, in process or finished by an artist, I can search for them?  I think I was looking to do that when someone told me to listen to a song they worked on and I liked it so much, I wanted to hear anything they were involved on. Is that what you are talking about as an artist search?

Really enjoying this site Nick

Thanks

Irminsul -

Welcome to the site. This place is set up "song" driven. What I mean is we post Song ideas in the Studio A board and pick what we are looking for in the collaboration options. That way a player can come in and do a search for all the songs that need guitar or vocals or whatever and then go listen to the tune. If interested, you may then submit an audition.

You can filter by using the dropdowns when you select "open Audtions" or "Collab Search" in the menu to the left.

We are going to add an "artist" area where each individual cam post and be categorized.

you are in the right area for information. Read some of the sticky notes.

Hope that helps,

Nick

StevieRich 
Humble Guitarist/Singer/Song Writer

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I was thinking more of a place for artist to showcase their work, but of course they could link to open projects as well.

As for "by artist" you can always open up "Studio A" Or "Finished Works" and sort by member by clicking on the column at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline StevieRich

• Give me a riverbank and a cool breeze
Thanks Nick, I knew there was a simple solution for this :-[

I was thinking more of a place for artist to showcase their work, but of course they could link to open projects as well.

As for "by artist" you can always open up "Studio A" Or "Finished Works" and sort by member by clicking on the column at the top of the forum.

Thanks,

Nick
StevieRich 
Humble Guitarist/Singer/Song Writer

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website

Nick

That would be an awesome feature Nick.  8)

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
 ;) I agree...as does Gerk!

coming soon!

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Irminsul

Thanks very much Nick.  I think it would greatly aid some folks in their search for not only the right part but the right artist.