Musicians Collaboration Studio

One Room Heaven

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
I hate it when we loose a music friend. Recently lost a long time friend locally that I'd known for over 30 years. He went quickly with a lung infection that came out of nowhere and shut his organs down within a couple of months. He was in his early 50's. In fact when Terry died it was a few months before I could even venture out into the studio where we worked on music for years.
If I remember correctly, years ago didn't we loose mm? Brina and I did a lot of work with him. Breaks my heart every time it happens. Like loosing a family member each time. I hope they are "all" making music today on a different plane. And, saving space for the rest of us.
BW@

Offline Brina

Actually Bobby, we didn't "loose" MM in the same way.  But yes, he is not longer involved due to physical limitations.

I was totally demolished when I got the news about Curtis. It took me over a year before I could listen to a certain few songs we worked on together.  Things like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQNq9_ozaU still bring a lump to my throat.

And you are absolutely right, it's heartbreaking when we loose people we've worked with.  I've lost a few good friends and fantastic musicians over the years, had a bass player whom was one of the people who pushed me into actually playing some of the originals I had composed out and about when gigging,  fall during a gig.  Basically his heart exploded, the most horrific night of my life. 

Each and every piece of music we create together, it's a memory or a culmination of memories and sentiments that are special, I firmly believe that.  When I go back and listen to the CD's or even just the project files, it brings back conversations and feelings every single time.

I am certain each and every one of them are jamming and trading stories and holding a spot for us. 
I just wanna sing..email me sometime  sabrinalund1973@yahoo.com

Offline Lane

• Some older collabs
Its a tough thing, Brina. Btu we move on and, hopefully, continue to make music. Is that your vocal? Its wonderful. Hope to get to share some vocals on something one day.