Musicians Collaboration Studio

The Ghost Of You - Finished

Billy · 20 · 7679

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude

However, I have received comments on the soft vocals, where it seems I am just a little pitchy.  I do hear this, but it seems as though the masses enjoy it as is.  To me, I left those areas and figured they fit to the emotion of the song, but Adian, if you would like I can re-take on these trouble spots.   :)

Jess - we are not machines! We all have our frailties and imperfections and that's what makes us unique. It was indeed the emotional content of your voice that was paramount. I don't know of any singer professional or otherwise that can sing in perfect tuning. Not audiable to our ears but if lined up against some electronic tuning apparatus the vocal will register slightly off key (some notes may be spot on...but not all). I'm happy (nee delighted) with your performance....if you're not, then you can re-track at your convenience. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it my dear!

Thanks for all your kind comments!

Aidan.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music

However, I have received comments on the soft vocals, where it seems I am just a little pitchy.  I do hear this, but it seems as though the masses enjoy it as is.  To me, I left those areas and figured they fit to the emotion of the song, but Adian, if you would like I can re-take on these trouble spots.   :)

if you're not, then you can re-track at your convenience.

Or resort to melodyne like the rest of us  ;D   ......I didn't think it needed anything personally.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I didn't think it needed any work either.

I enjoyed the performance.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Jessica Rasche

• MySpace Page
Ok all, then the way I feel about it is, if your all happy, I am happy.  I really am fine with how I sang it, the soft parts to me show emotional connection to the words.  So they stay.  All this came because a Talent Rep from www.showcase.com of which I put the song on (thank you Adian and Paul for allowing me to do so), he mentioned to tighten them up because they took from my performance. 

Thank you for the encouragement friends.  :)

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Totally captivating and awesome piece of wonderful music!

I don't hear the intonation issues apart from the minor imperfections that make us human J.

You did good gal, real good :) :)

Wonderful orchestration and mixing BTW Aidan 8) 8) 8)