Musicians Collaboration Studio

Best means of finding out when a song is ready for auditions

Offline stevegardner

• Drums
HI All- I have been gone a pretty long time and am back am hoping to do some collabing. There are a lot of new folks and many great tunes being posted. I am hoping I can get pointed in the right direction.
What is the quickest way to find out when a song is actually ready for specific instrumentation? Example, I can open Studio A and see quite a few songs with the drum logo which typically means drums are going to be needed. I would say that more than 3/4 of these do not have a drumless file added, so I assume they are not ready for drums.
So, what is the quick and easy way to find out when songs are actually ready for those parts? My thought would be to post the Icon up there only when the necessary files are there to support the submissions, but thats just me...
Drums, Percussion

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Hi Steve

If the poster has the drum icon on it is the best way.  Unfortunately people are not always keeping things up to date (meaning they may already have drums and haven't updated the collab options) or they don't always post the proper seps immediately ... best bet is to ask them to post a drumless if they are looking for drums and haven't yet posted one. :/

Mark

Offline robwood

Hi Steve, welcome back! :)  Glad you made it! :)
Time for revision, make your decision
Just see it through-- McAndrew

Offline stevegardner

• Drums
Thanks YOu Guys..It is good being back. I was just looking for a quick way to find collabs that not only had the drum icon posted, but were actually at the stage where they were seeking auditions.
Sure ain't a bigge as I can just circle back around from time to time to check on 'em. The place has grown and the songs are great. I remember when I got into this over at CC and 96 Decibels, then I got invited over to Bobbys. This has certainly come a long ways over the last few years....wow.
Nick is doing a great job with this site and Bobby is at his place as well......

Be Seeing you around Guys...Thanks for the input.....SG
Drums, Percussion