Musicians Collaboration Studio

My Acoustic Treatment Project

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Looking cool Mark...yeah, I can see with the block walls why you needed the baffles and such..must have sounded like a cave in there before...no need for artificial reverb! ;D It should bring it to a normal level acoustically now. I have my own less expensive form of acoustic treatment...the wife did a makeover of the kids rooms, and had all the big cardboard boxes full of teddy bears (I'm talking dozens and dozens of the bloody things) and such she wants to save for grandkids or whatever..they all wound up down here in my studio space so I'm surrounded by walls of boxes now! ::) ::)
Later!
Marc

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
had all the big cardboard boxes full of teddy bears (I'm talking dozens and dozens of the bloody things) and such she wants to save for grandkids or whatever..they all wound up down here in my studio space so I'm surrounded by walls of boxes now! ::) ::)
Later!
Marc

It sounds fairly dead in here now, it's strange when you walk in and the acoustics are different from the rest of the house.

Cardboard boxes are probably not a good thing to have stood around the studio, the teddys may give you some absorption if they are in a different material though, why not bag them up inside old pillow cases or duvet covers ?

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
had all the big cardboard boxes full of teddy bears (I'm talking dozens and dozens of the bloody things) and such she wants to save for grandkids or whatever..they all wound up down here in my studio space so I'm surrounded by walls of boxes now! ::) ::)
Later!
Marc

It sounds fairly dead in here now, it's strange when you walk in and the acoustics are different from the rest of the house.

Cardboard boxes are probably not a good thing to have stood around the studio, the teddys may give you some absorption if they are in a different material though, why not bag them up inside old pillow cases or duvet covers ?

CD

I think garbage bags tossed to the curb on Tuesday morning would be best actually ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though, for my space here, now commencing a reasonably extenstive reno on the front entrance of the house (porcelan flooring,remove the closets by tearing down a few walls to double the space and add an armoire instead,..), stairwells up to the top floor, THEN focusing down here in the basement (it was poorly finished probably over 20 years ago by somebody who didn't know what they were doing, not close to code with toxic flammable white foam packing insulation..there's this hideous 1970's electric fireplace built in the wall with white bricks..what were they thinking back then? ;D)). Literally have to completely gut everything right down to the cement foundation walls..including the colony of wasps who reside in there I think :o, insulate with proper styrofoam sm insulation, new wall framing and enclose the furnace room with fireproof steel framing and drywall, soundproof the ceiling with roxsol then a new ceiling and recessed lighting, all new electrical and drywall, ceramic flooring or a subfloor with carpet...you think your foam slabs were pricey..I'll show you my bill for materials when I'm done! :o (and haven't even touched the sound end of it yet..more worried about resale than anything) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Later!
Marc
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:47:00 PM by canuk62 »

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
They were very pricey if you work it out per cubic ft  ;D

Sounds like you have an ideal opportunity to sort the acoustics whilst it's being pulled apart.

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Yeah, it'll be purposely built as a "home theatre room"....with all wiring and such installed in the walls (also did that in the main living with 15 foor ceilings..that was alot of fun running the wiring there..)..then again, the "resale" thing...completely soundproofed (as much as possible..sub woofers are pretty tough to conquer)...it'll be used by myself as the studio space (if I turn it into a hometheatre room, I'd never get to use it! ;D)