Musicians Collaboration Studio

EZ Drumer - A curiosity

Paulo · 35 · 17885

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I use ezdrummer in n-Track and everytime I drag and drop it creates a new channel. Very un-ez for me! I posted at the n-track forum and they said that it won't work with midi instruments as supposed to. But I plod along with it anyway.

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=27  There you can scan and arrange all of your EZ products as well as thiord party stuff!

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
WoW! Cool tip doc! I'll get it this weekend! Not too expensive either!!! >:D

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics

That was actually done because that's where the performers stand on stage.  I've mixed them a whole bunch of times ;)  Also just to let you know, there's 4 voices there ...

Those guys were amazing .. I miss doing sound for them!  Jian Ghomeshi, the former lead singer (well one of them anyway) who was also the percussionist in that band now hosts a radio show (that's really good) here in Canada.  http://www.cbc.ca/q/

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA

That was actually done because that's where the performers stand on stage.  I've mixed them a whole bunch of times ;)  Also just to let you know, there's 4 voices there ...

Those guys were amazing .. I miss doing sound for them!  Jian Ghomeshi, the former lead singer (well one of them anyway) who was also the percussionist in that band now hosts a radio show (that's really good) here in Canada.  http://www.cbc.ca/q/

Hey,.. that was a great band.  Opened for them in the 90's.
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Doc, sorry for asking this 'cause I just dunno...
... I don't have EZ drumer but I saw it working... From what I understood, you load it in your DAW and then you drag the patterns into it. What's the need for that EZ player?

Sorry, just asking 'cause I can edit all the midi tracks in my DAW, don't need extra software.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline gbm

• Super Hero

Yeah, they were really good, I heard them a lot on CFNY, in 80's

:)

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
Paulo,

EZ is a lot easier than editing MIDI in a DAW because you can drag patterns into specific bars on the fly, its easier and quicker than copy and paste.

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Paulo,

EZ is a lot easier than editing MIDI in a DAW because you can drag patterns into specific bars on the fly, its easier and quicker than copy and paste.

gbm,
What I saw at a friend's studio was EZ drumer loaded as a VST'i in cubase and the patterns being dragged to a midi track inside cubase together with the whole ptoject... they can be dragged into any bars and, if needed they can be edited. That's why I don't understand what's the need for another software when you can do it inside your DAW.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
Paulo

I don't have Cubase so I don't know if it allows drag and drop in that program without a VSTi plug in. If it can then you have a point. But still you get tons of pre programmed drum patterns with EZ.

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Paulo

I don't have Cubase so I don't know if it allows drag and drop in that program without a VSTi plug in. If it can then you have a point. But still you get tons of pre programmed drum patterns with EZ.

But those pre programed patterns belong to EZ drumer not the other VST's host, right? What I saw was patterns being dragged from EZ drumer to a midi track on cubase
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline gbm

• Super Hero
But those pre programed patterns belong to EZ drumer not the other VST's host, right? What I saw was patterns being dragged from EZ drumer to a midi track on cubase

Yeah the best you can do on a midi program, without VSTi, is to enter each note manually, or play in real time, and then quantize, then copy and paste.
EZ drummer is not an editor, it just makes drum patterns way easier to put in a song.

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
I've mixed them a whole bunch of times ;)
Must have been fun. I love their music, and I wonder why nobody knows them (at least here in Germany).

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Vincent

I use reaper

Reaper has a virtual midi keyboard...it allows you to use computer keyboard to record things like cymbols.

I would download reaper and bring a drumless wav file of your song into reaper and use virtual keyboard.