Musicians Collaboration Studio

I'm using too much crap

Paulo · 17 · 9568

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
It does not matter what someone likes better, btw - however, we could try some technical tasks instead. That would be more objective.

BTW, I don't know if you know that - my hearing is slowly vanishing away (an heritage of my grandfather). But as long as I'm able to hear anything at all I will enjoy my hobby best I can. And that is with good gear. :)

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
It does not matter what someone likes better, btw - however, we could try some technical tasks instead. That would be more objective.

BTW, I don't know if you know that - my hearing is slowly vanishing away (an heritage of my grandfather). But as long as I'm able to hear anything at all I will enjoy my hobby best I can. And that is with good gear. :)

Regards,
  Steffen

No I didn't know ...that sucks....My own father has always been deaf in one since an accident when young...and his hearing is getting weaker also in his other ear.

He has always been a HiFi enthusiast...I was made to sit and listen to expensive equipment and listen for the differences in all sorts of things...speakers..interconnect cables..turntable cartridges..speaker wire  ... as a child.

He also cannot stand more modern sounding records...they are too harsh for him.   50's - 80's  recordings or well produced acoustic material is his favourite now.....I think Jack Johnson is the most modern record he will listen to... Our hearing has various self protection mechanisms...I suspect if the hearing is failing then so is the protection, and he cannot filter out the distortion and harsher frequencies.

What technical task did you have in mind ?

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten