Musicians Collaboration Studio

Harrison Mixbus now for Windows, free demo

Era · 64 · 27876

Offline Era

• Studio
Hi Nick. Just received email from Harrison.. Here is a youtube vid plus their channel, check these too.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbHwcsU7r2o&sns=em

They offered a DVD for $15.

I did not get it.

Nick

I am that I am

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Do try out Radiator, Vince! It rocks!

Era, the video is quite nice, but it tries to fool the audience. The tracks are all recorded very well, which is never the case with home-recorded material. In our reality we have to do a lot of fixing before we can do the mixing - and that's at least tedious, if not completely impossible, with Ardour/Mixbus. The video (of course) does not mention any of the drawbacks/insufficiencies of Ardour/Mixbus (and there are heaps of those).

And while automation is possible with Ardour, it is extremely uncomfortable.

IMO the DAW is no alternative to any "real" DAW at all, but I love the saturation from the channel strips.  I spent 40$ to get that, and that's a decent price I can live with. :)

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Thanks era.

I've seen these. All good info. I am experimenting with a Linux setup to see how stable I can get it. No other reason than being curious. Ardour just added a lot of MIDI, so I'm guessing Harrison will upgrade.

I did this with reaper when it was in its early development. Got some pretty good mixes using all freeware.

I'm using the AV distro right now. Seems pretty solid.

I'm a Cakewalk user since version 3. Back when they were just MIDI. So this is something different. As long as I don't get frustrated, I should have something done soon.

Cheers,

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com