Musicians Collaboration Studio

THE OCEAN

McLovin · 39 · 8872

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Yup,.. doc is quite a talent and a really nice guy.  My brother from a German mother!! ;D
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline tastenfrog

Gool tune, very groovy. I like it.
Good job guys......

frog

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
First class music! :)
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
Congratulations to you all, its a great song and it sounds amazing. RESPECT!!!

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Wow,..thanks everybody.  I have alot to live up to now for my next finalized song.

I sent this song to an old friend that I used to gig with years back for his thoughts.  His replies to my emails are always entertaining and I thought this one was well worth posting.

"Tell you what I think, eh?  Very brave, Jay, 'cause if I hate it I'll tell you, and probably bluntly.  Okay, I don't hate it.  There's a helluva lot of compositional saavy crammed into one 3-4 minute song there.  Every trick in your book, I'd think.   Yeah, I got time for this kind of sophisticated Steely Dan-type song.  You never know where it's going to go, but not in a bad Metallica way.  I'm assuming it's a love song, though I didn't really pay that much attention to the lyrics once I determined it was a love song (is there anything new left for anybody to say about love?  I think not).  But shit, I like this quite a bit.  You're hired.  To do what, I don't know, but I give you permission to release it, become rich and famous, lord over everybody, develop an addiction, go on Celebrity Rehab, get clean, reform the "old band," go on a reunion tour, release an unplugged version, get all fat and shit and ...then spend the rest of your career writing weak imitations of this song.

D'Arcy"

That about sums it up I think. ;D
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline Black Stratman

• http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=952370&content=music
Wow,..thanks everybody.  I have alot to live up to now for my next finalized song.

I sent this song to an old friend that I used to gig with years back for his thoughts.  His replies to my emails are always entertaining and I thought this one was well worth posting.

"Tell you what I think, eh?  Very brave, Jay, 'cause if I hate it I'll tell you, and probably bluntly.  Okay, I don't hate it.  There's a helluva lot of compositional saavy crammed into one 3-4 minute song there.  Every trick in your book, I'd think.   Yeah, I got time for this kind of sophisticated Steely Dan-type song.  You never know where it's going to go, but not in a bad Metallica way.  I'm assuming it's a love song, though I didn't really pay that much attention to the lyrics once I determined it was a love song (is there anything new left for anybody to say about love?  I think not).  But shit, I like this quite a bit.  You're hired.  To do what, I don't know, but I give you permission to release it, become rich and famous, lord over everybody, develop an addiction, go on Celebrity Rehab, get clean, reform the "old band," go on a reunion tour, release an unplugged version, get all fat and shit and ...then spend the rest of your career writing weak imitations of this song.

D'Arcy"

That about sums it up I think. ;D

Love it

Love the song more though,  ;D great song for sure has everything.

Bobby

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Great song, Jay!  :D  Kudos to everyone.  ;)
Verrrrrrrrry, verrrrrrrrry nice. 8)

Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Great stuff.... sounds real nice.

Congrats on your first completed song.

Great Mix Billy

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Reba1994

• Youtube channel
I HAVE been waiting for the finished version of this song ... and this song is soooooo going on my iPod - I even have people at work dying to hear the final version of this song ... Classic! 

I am sure you are damn proud of it Jay!  Everyone that worked with you on it nailed it.

Rebecca

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Oh hey!!  There you are. :)

Thanks for all your input through the whole process of completing this song. Really helped me push forward and I really appreciated it.

Jay
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Today I started on page 29 of the FINISHED forum and here it is:
MY first internet-collab release!

This song is sooo damn great! So everyone should have the opportunity NOW to listen for the first time or again  ;)

Jay: I miss your songs, brother!!!!

Offline Casia - lyricist

• Super Hero
  • By Working Together We Can Create The Impossible
    • Casia Productions
I remember this one .... it is great.
Casia Productions:
ALBUM:A NOT Ordinary Christmas-2010
ALBUM:idream -2011
ALBUM:Trevor&Roger's 13 Stygian Tales - 2011

World Festival Universong showcase July 2012, Canary Islands, Spain - Victoria Linskaya 
http://www.reverbnation.com/casia