Musicians Collaboration Studio

Mamas' Dream-Cool Beyond Zero

canuk62 · 38 · 12458

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
. Think about whats evolved in the  40 years (!) since then..hmmm....U2, Duran Duran,Nirvana ,G&R...not a hell of alot really! (you can dance to some of it, thats about it) ;D ;D ;D

Great Rock didn't end in the 70's !   ;D

The Ramones

Pearl Jam

Pixies

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Joy Division

New Order

Soundgarden

Manic St Preachers

Radiohead

Snow Patrol

Oasis

REM

Ash

Foo Fighters

Green day

Kings of Leon

White Stripes

...and those are just the ones on my IPOD !

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Vincent

. Think about whats evolved in the  40 years (!) since then..hmmm....U2, Duran Duran,Nirvana ,G&R...not a hell of alot really! (you can dance to some of it, thats about it) ;D ;D ;D

Great Rock didn't end in the 70's !   ;D

The Ramones

Pearl Jam

Pixies

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Joy Division

New Order

Soundgarden

Manic St Preachers

Radiohead

Snow Patrol

Oasis

REM

Ash

Foo Fighters

Green day

Kings of Leon

White Stripes

...and those are just the ones on my IPOD !

Not putting down those bands you mentioned because everyone has different tastes in regards to music however being a guitar player who plays lead guitar and wants to hear lead guitar those bands you mentioned dont really do it for me.

To be honest i have not liked any bands since the 80's and even most of the stuff in the 80's was a bit cheesy.

The 50's 60's and 70's are the decades I like in regards to bands and music...70's is probably the most experimental time in regards to music so im going to have to say that was my favorite decade for music.

i have not bought any music since the 80's...I have not heard a band I liked since...:D

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

i have not bought any music since the 80's...I have not heard a band I liked since...:D

That's a real shame !

I'm sure you'd find something you liked from all the records released in the past 20 years !

CD

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Thanks Tricia, Mark, Vincent, Soulfrontier, Andy, and Bobby, glad you like :) :) :)

Marc, Todd (& Jay) thanks for making it happen :) :)

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Thanks Tricia..I just LOVE getting people riled up here ;D ;D...especially Mark just goes nuts when I get on my sooapbox...especially his "pet" bands like Oasis! ;D (I call it British Toxic waste! ;D)(and I am placing the first U2 album and early Police under the umbrella of the "old" guard ;D) I do still buy some music, but it's usually Canadian bands (ie. Tragically Hip)who are extremely original. There WAS a faint glimmer of hope, when I thought the "alternative" movement gave a real kick to the music industry, lead by Cobain, Soundgarden,Alice in Chains, (FIRST Pearl Jam album..the rest stank, one trick pony) and the like...but as soon as Cobain expired (inevitable), the rest either got bloated by success, burned out or just faded away into obscurity within 2 years or so...then everything went back to where it was, just re-recording the same stuff. Really, though, all I was saying was that, from the 50's to early 70's, (rock) music went through a very dramatic and exciting period of creativity and re-invented itself into an art form..then hit a brick wall in the mid to late 70's, and has been stalled ever since.
I was about to take back a comment on the Chilli Peppers, then heard a big hit today...then it was like "hey, that verse is ripped from a Hendrix song", then they hit the chorus "Hey, thats ripped from the Beatles"..just re-writing and mixing different covers to make 1 tune. I'm not saying I'm any better, but not making millions like these people, so I can ripp off anyone I please..it's a hobby! ;D ;D
Later!
Marc

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Thanks Tricia..I just LOVE getting people riled up here ;D ;D...especially Mark just goes nuts when I get on my sooapbox...especially his "pet" bands like Oasis! ;D

I'm not a massive Oasis fan, but their debut album was fantastic.

I prefer Snow Patrol and they were awesome live a couple of week ago.....you don't have to live totally in the past !  ;D  ...I'm only 7 yrs younger than you..not 27yrs

CD

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Thanks Tricia..I just LOVE getting people riled up here ;D ;D...especially Mark just goes nuts when I get on my sooapbox...especially his "pet" bands like Oasis! ;D

I'm not a massive Oasis fan, but their debut album was fantastic.

I prefer Snow Patrol and they were awesome live a couple of week ago.....you don't have to live totally in the past !  ;D  ...I'm only 7 yrs younger than you..not 27yrs

CD

;D ;D ;D Not totally in the past..generally my tastes are little more on the aggressive side...I LIKE these guys...think I'm the only dad in kids crowd when they walk in, THESE guys are cranking! ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlG9R944Z1Y

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
Hey Marc,

and I thought that you are a big fan of all the terrible stuff from the eighties?

Hey CD,

I agree with vincent and Marc. Just listen to the old heros and you will know what I mean. Oasis is terrible, I cannot listen to their songs, it hurts :-) I hear a lot british bands in the radio this "brit Pop" stuff. They all are only very bad copys from the good old Kinks and the Beatles. Terrible!
U2 was great in the beginning, now they are only a shadow of their own. And Bono seems to be a great pretender :-).
Hehe, its a question of taste and age.

so long
sf

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

Hey CD,

I agree with vincent and Marc. Just listen to the old heros and you will know what I mean. Oasis is terrible, I cannot listen to their songs, it hurts :-)

That's ok Holger...I uphold your right to be wrong   ;D

Lots of great music in all decades, it's only your taste that hasn't moved on  ;)

CD

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Hey Marc,

and I thought that you are a big fan of all the terrible stuff from the eighties?

Hey CD,

I agree with vincent and Marc. Just listen to the old heros and you will know what I mean. Oasis is terrible, I cannot listen to their songs, it hurts :-) I hear a lot british bands in the radio this "brit Pop" stuff. They all are only very bad copys from the good old Kinks and the Beatles. Terrible!
U2 was great in the beginning, now they are only a shadow of their own. And Bono seems to be a great pretender :-).

so long
sf

You've read my mind exactly Holger..just explained it better than I could...although we live in 2 different continents and cultures, we're exactly on the same page with that. ;D ;D There ARE some bands today that have a very original sound and attitude. I'm Canadian so of course I pump the Canuks. Go check out "The Tragically Hip"...you either get it, or you don't (they have a studio about 2 hours from here, in a converted 150 year old farmhouse in the country..do all their recording there, got a bunkhouse upstairs...Bob Rock has to jump on a plane from LA and mix there, they absolutely refuse to be a part of that world..really mellow down-to-earth guys who can record anywhere, but don't.). When people think of Canadian" bands, they think of Nickleback, Bryan Adams, Alanis (who grew up 10 houses away from me)..but the Hip are the real royalty here, the rest are just cashing in on the biz and making their mega fortunes, but these guys will be 60 and still doing what they do, they aren't a gimmick (AND they blow away anything that has come out the UK in about 2 or 3 decades BTW Mark..take that! ;D ;D)
Later!
Marc

http://www.youtube.com/user/thetragicallyhip?blend=3&ob=4
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:25:00 PM by canuk62 »

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online

That's ok Holger...I uphold your right to be wrong   ;D

Lots of great music in all decades, it's only your taste that hasn't moved on  ;)
CD

8)
you can call me T.Rex  ;D ;D ;D

Hey Marc

thx for the link, great music! I listened to a few of their songs. Not so bad!  ;)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Hey Marc,

Hey CD,

so long
sf

(AND they blow away anything that has come out the UK in about 2 or 3 decades BTW Mark..take that! ;D ;D)
Later!
Marc

Take That...?..went off 'em when Robbie left mate  ;D

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page