Musicians Collaboration Studio

A Green Leaf In Its Hand (epic sci-fi prog-rock) Andy/Billy/John/David/Donna

Donna · 37 · 9790

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thank you so much, Everyone, for your wonderful comments (and for braving the length).  :)

I'm thrilled you like the song. All of the contributions were splendid.

Guys, a few kudos have trickled in from off-site.  ;)

Donna
-------------------------
Very creative .and. what a major production !:!   Really great lyrics Donna ~ very cooL .!. Terry
------------------------
i am only at song two and still listening but jings crivvens and help ma boab this is tremendous.
Jim (Scotland)
-------------
This must have taken forever to put together, still on song two but have opened another browser to comment.

And silent running was a braw movie.  Jim (Scotland)
---------------------
Running commentary now, chorus in verse two is great very beatlesesque, this is so pro.
Jim (Scotland)
------------------
When we finally get a prog rock fest,  we won't need any other entries. wow. this is epic.
Jim (Scotland)
-----------------
Cycle finished i must say........BRAVO!  Jim (Scotland)
----------------

Well what can I say, a whole album of this would go down well, just pro sounds here, stunning!!
SE
----------------
This is some of the finest progressive rock/pop I've heard in a while, Donna. It's epic! And I really love it!  Steffen
---------------- 
Epic indeed!!!!
Piepod bound.....
Congrats on this!
LG
---------------
17 minutes of ear candy!
An album-side.....But, we need side 2....
More, more, more
LG
---------------
This is mindboggingly good !!!

Epic !!

Just finished with first listen and got it downloaded to my Donna folder for further listens!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing (a word I don't use often)

Incredibly talented people performing this wonderful music.

And the fantasic lyrics !! WOW ... you sure don't restrict yourself to a single genre Donna !!
Geir
---------------- 
Goodness, this is pretty amazing. Incredible work all round from the musicians and a great telling of the story in the lyrics. It starts off reminding me of Yes but then goes in many different directions. How in heaven's name does the collaboration work on something as complex as this?
Prog rock lives!
Cheers,
Nigel
-----------------
Donna I've been listening to this [amongst others, or course] every day now
down at work. This has become a real joy to hear when it comes up in the
shuffle! It has grown on me more, and dare I say it has become a favorite....
I'm a fan!
LG
------------------
This is incredible.  A tremendously written and performed production.
I clicked on it not knowing what I was going to hear and about a minute
or so into it I started thinking "This reminds me of something" from my past.
It reminded me of some movie or something I knew and I went to the top
to see "Silent Running"!!!!  ... I read this book when I was ... I am floored!
Huey, Dewey and Louie!  I remember those guys! Too long?  This thing
was too short!  I'm going to listen and read all the words again.
Kenny
-------------------
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
hey Donna,

Thanks for posting the comments received off-site. It's nice to know the project has garnered positive reviews. The kudos for the lyrics are richly deserved indeed!!

Cheers
Andy

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Before I comment, I just want to apologize to Donna, Billy, John, and Andy. I should have listened to this trilogy WAYYY before this! Each of you have been more than helpful with words and deeds on my projects, and the least I could do would have been to be one of the first to congratulate you on this epic release. :-[
But now on to my thoughts:

I don't know how to say this, other than to say this trilogy doesn't belong here at MCS.
I would SO love to experience this at a planetarium - where you could get the full visual effect to go along with such a wonderful and EPIC collaboration. If I had to describe this to someone, I would say it's kind of like David Bowie's "Major Tom" meets Disney's Fantasia meets Space Odyssey 2001 :) :)
Your vocalist was top-notch and I loved all the effects. At some point between song 2 and 3, the enormity of this project hit me... and I felt so small and insignificant, thinking that I called myself a lyricist while looking back at this "rock"umentary  that Donna wrote.
Every little piece in this project added up to something far grander than I think any of you could have imagined.

I hope each and every one of you are patting yourself on your backs! I just don't know what else to say - let me know when this is made into a feature film. 8)

Cheers,

John
Damn it Jim! I'm a WRITER - not a Doctor!!

Offline j

• Super Hero
really, there are no words to describe the greatness of this piece.. lyrics, musical arrangement and interpretation. you guys have all topped yourselves with this one. The bar raised higher here. I am simply awed by the quality of this work.

Way to go folks :)  :)  :)
wazzzzzaaaap

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
hey Bill

many thanks for dropping by and for the appreciative comment.

The project was based on the movie Silent Running, the third lyric was however entirely Donna's creation.

Cheers
Andy

Simply AMAZING!!!!!
Should be in a movie!!! 8) 8) 8)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Hey John,

Really appreciate the kind thoughful review..better late than never :).

You've got the influences and the sound pat on....prog rock, classic rock, disney, sci-fi..yes it was mix of all that...Bowie, Floyd, Beatles etc. I thnk Donna might be preparing a slide show to go along with this.

Any collab with Donna and Billy on board is bound to be special..I am sure Donna would be thrilled with the accolades from a fine lyricist as yourself!

Thanks
Andy

I don't know how to say this, other than to say this trilogy doesn't belong here at MCS.
I would SO love to experience this at a planetarium - where you could get the full visual effect to go along with such a wonderful and EPIC collaboration. If I had to describe this to someone, I would say it's kind of like David Bowie's "Major Tom" meets Disney's Fantasia meets Space Odyssey 2001 :) :)
Cheers,

John

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Hey J,

Im always thrilled when a song or project meets your seal of approval!!

The scope was rather ambitious but we went with the premise that if we cant wear the sky in our hair we can wear stars in our brows instead :)

It's great to know that most people who have listened to this have liked it!

Cheers
Andy

really, there are no words to describe the greatness of this piece.. lyrics, musical arrangement and interpretation. you guys have all topped yourselves with this one. The bar raised higher here. I am simply awed by the quality of this work.

Way to go folks :)  :)  :)

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Very well done. This must have been a huge undertaking! 

Cool story and I love the theatrics of the piece.

Kudos to all!

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Bill, John, "J", and Nick, thanks so much for listening.
Indeed, it was a huge undertaking.  ;D
Amazing was that it all came together so smoothly. Really a good collaboration.

Donna

Guys, another kudo from afar.  ;)

Damn, that's a lot of awesome music! Great epic song. Do you realize that's basically one side of an album?! And it moves through so many skillful transitions into new spaces of killer musicianship and great vocals. Beautifully covers a lot of territory. I'm quite impressed! And Donna - is that you in the introduction narrating? and also delivering the announcement in Song 1? I've heard you speak once, and I thought it sounded like you. That part is really well done also. In fact I love the introduction as much as any of it. Kudos all around, gang!  Barbara
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 05:29:04 PM by Donna »

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
Thanks for posting the great review Donna...:)

Andy

Donna

Guys, another kudo from afar.  ;)

Damn, that's a lot of awesome music! Great epic song. Do you realize that's basically one side of an album?! And it moves through so many skillful transitions into new spaces of killer musicianship and great vocals. Beautifully covers a lot of territory. I'm quite impressed! And Donna - is that you in the introduction narrating? and also delivering the announcement in Song 1? I've heard you speak once, and I thought it sounded like you. That part is really well done also. In fact I love the introduction as much as any of it. Kudos all around, gang!  Barbara

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
You're welcome, Andy.  ;) A few more comments have landed.
It's thrilling to know people are actually listening;)

Donna
---------------

Epic proggy song(s). I sat silently all that 17 minutes and listened this via headphones. 62 tracks! Fantastic global collaboration! Stunning job on the lyrics, Donna...and on the each part!  Kari
----------------
Donna this is a masterpiece!    LG (again)
----------------
Wonderful. Really wonderful. And incredible too.
A perfect theme for "the" rock opera of these years. And apart from the theme, everything is abolutely perfect, the musicians, the voice, the production, everything puts your work to an incredible high level. Bravi, veramente!   Alfredo
---------------
Donna, Your Magnum Opus. A remarkable piece of story-telling and music. I could go on and on but what else is there to say?  Ray
-------------
WOW, quite a journey.
LOTS going on here & thumbs up to you all for completing such a project.
Very creative.  Calvin
-----------------
Oh My....God!
This is huge! All of you deserve a huge pat on the back just for attempting such a huge project. Amazing opus!  AndyK
--------------------
That is pretty incredible Donna. I felt pieces of the Miami Vice theme (your singer has his voice quality), Jesus Christ Superstar, and Queen - which have been all of my favorites.

Now time to get a movie producer to make this movie, that is remake it in 3D like Avatar. Doug
---------------------

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thanks, Tricia.  :)
Definitely a lot of work, but a tremendous labour of love.  ;)

Donna

Offline jwoo10

• Super Hero
    • Jwoo10's Site
Just had a 17 minute Goose-bump attack!

Thanks for allowing me to participate in this wonderful project.

@ Donna.... GREAT Lyrics! You're amazing!

@ Andy... It's always a pleasure to be a part of any project you are involved in! This song is an exacptional piece of creativity from beginning to end! You Rawk pal!

@ Billy...You're a wonderful talent. Great work on this! Fantastic job on the master mix brother!

@ David... fantastic voice Great work here pal!

@ Nathan and Donna ... teriffic narrations!