Musicians Collaboration Studio

n-track Question (Problem solved by Cary)

Offline Bassic_Soul

• Rollin with the flow
I need some help if anyone has any ideas or answers. My version 3.3  n-track is suddenly  playing back everything mono. I've reloaded .wav tracks that have a lot of stereo separation and they are playing back mono.

I have checked every setting I know of and everything is set to stereo. I've played both CD's and WMA's and the stereo separation on my PC is fine. The speaker tests on my soundcard's software are fine.

Any ideas what my problem may be?

Note: I was in the middle of mixing 16 tracks when it occured, I've  done a hard re-boot, no change.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 10:36:57 PM by Bassic_Soul »
Preston

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
Any ideas what my problem may be?

Yeah, you're too cheap to buy a good multi-track program!!!   :P

Sorry, buddy... Just kidding... I'm sure one of the other n-track folks will help you out...

Damn, I'm froggy today... Glad no one lives within driving distance. I might get my tired old butt kicked..  :o
BW@

Offline Bassic_Soul

• Rollin with the flow

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
Hey, Texas ain't that far. ;D

You'd run out of gas money for the RV, before you got here...  :D

Guess that's part of why we sold ours this summer...  :'(
BW@

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Preston,

Do you have "System Restore" active on your system? I usually booger up drivers and Sonar does weird things. I "restore" the system to an earlier date before the mishap. Works most times.

I n-tracks is doing a mono playback, check your Master or mains channels. Make sure you didn't mono them out.

I would test with a new project and record an playback a few tracks.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Cary

oh boy...

OK, in the mixer window, just to the right of the master volume control, there is a little dot thingy.  When you click on it, it goes from stereo to mono.  It's really hard to see the differences in the graphics.  It's like two circles next to one another means STEREO and one solid circle means MONO.  Again, it's really hard to see the differences, but go ahead a click.  Tell me if that fixes your problem.

Cary
Cary

Offline Bassic_Soul

• Rollin with the flow
oh boy...

OK, in the mixer window, just to the right of the master volume control, there is a little dot thingy.  When you click on it, it goes from stereo to mono.  It's really hard to see the differences in the graphics.  It's like two circles next to one another means STEREO and one solid circle means MONO.  Again, it's really hard to see the differences, but go ahead a click.  Tell me if that fixes your problem.

Cary

BINGO Cary!!! :)

Now I bet I know what happened too. As I was adding tracks to the mix the master volume was auto ajusting down and I turned it up with my mouse. I must have hit the damned little button. Your timing is great, I was ready to remove and reload the program and that's a pain.

Thanks Cary.  8)
Preston

Offline Cary

Cool.

Now lets get together and egg Bobby's house.  lol
Cary

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams