Musicians Collaboration Studio

My New Porta-daw

Offline BassPlayer

• ReverbNation - David Bellizzi
The wife said I could get a puter (I'm sure thats a fair trade in her mind :D She gets a new house and I get more toys) so instead of angonizing on just what to get we just went to Frys and I bought the best of what we could afford. So I ended up with

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAZTNC/ref=nosim/102-3795409-7016130?n=541966

I almost took it back because

I only got a 1.73Ghz CPU
If has slow 5400 disks
BF2 lags on it

But after some tweaking it's been running real smooth. I can even play BF2 on it, on the low settings but I can play it. ;) Not only that the dual core CPU is about 1.5 times faster that my DAW machine which is a P4 3.2 Ghz!

I just bought

http://www.zzounds.com/item--PRSINSPIRE

So now I have a nice porta-daw and it has a killer monitor!

The reason I did this is becasue all my stuff is going to be boxed up for a few months. Now all I need to record is my porta-daw and my bass.

P.S. Whats up with the big lag when using a onboard sound card with NINJAM. I'm hoping that a real interface will help with that other wise I won't be able to NINJAM! gasp!

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Cool setup Dave!

Good luck with it! You might want to download the asio 4 all drivers and try them. Or go in and reset the buffers.

Nick

NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline BassPlayer

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I just NINJAMed with my laptop! How cool is that. Yea I'm a geek but it feels good to know that when I'm travelling I can jam and track anywhere!. The Inspire inteface did the trick. I've now come to the conclusion that zero latency hardware monitoring is da poop!

Offline BassPlayer

OH and Nick the Inspire had ASIO drivers and NINJAM just found them :D Cool