Musicians Collaboration Studio

Power of the Night - NEW!

Offline jrobbins

Hey all.  This is pretty cool.

So.... we finished up the Power of the Night (Savatage cover) here at MCS last month.  Nick, who played the rythm guitar on the track, knew somebody, who knew somebody, etc. etc... one of those deals.... that had contact information for the SINGER IN SAVATAGE and sent him our track!!!!!!!

This is not the original singer (Jon Oliva) but the singer who was in Savatage after Jon decided to turn over singing duties for the Edge Of Thorns CD.

His name is ZAK STEVENS and you can see him here playing with Savatage live on the Edge of Thorns Tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCSKv9I95nA

So... to make a very long story short... ZAK LOVED THE COVER AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL TO DO VOCALS FOR US ON IT!!!!!!
Nick said Zak is a SUPER COOL guy and they plan on working together in the future on other projects!

OF course, this is not a knock on Steve's vocals.... which Zak thought were really COOL!  or the Keys part that J did or Argle's mix.  This is just another mix of the song!

So...... without further rambling!!!!!  Here is the ACTUAL singer from SAVATAGE singing an online collaboration done at MCS!!!!!!!!

THANKS again to ALL that took part in this song!!!!!  I think both versions TURNED OUT AWESOME!!!!!

Jon

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:45:03 PM by jrobbins »

Offline docca3

• You Tube
Wow - brill or what!!! Awesome guys ... yet another track for the player :D

NOw - if someone knows someone .... who knows someone ... who knows someone ... who knows Geddy Lee, I'll be happy:) :)
I play all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order - Eric Morcambe

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website

Offline jrobbins

Thanks for the look in and listen fellas!

I was TOTALLY blown away that he wanted to sing our version of this tune!  I hope that he lets the other guys in Savatage give it a listen!!!!  That would be COOOL!

Jon

Offline midKnight

Yeah Jon has has facts pretty close.. it wasn't so quite that removed. I was talking to Zak about some other tracks I'm working on that I thought for sure he'd be up for, and as a goof I had mentioned to him that we did a ver of POTN.

So as life goes, the tracks I was pretty sure he'd be up for, he passed on, and the one I thought he'd thumb his nose at, he wanted to do. Go figure. lol.

So after talking to him a bit, I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to do with the song, so just consider my version an alternate mix, the previous version was fine, I just wanted to execute a few of my own ideas.

-Nick

Offline detune

• Mark
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
So cool!!!  This is a testament to the extreme quality of projects coming out of MCS!

Offline jrobbins

hehehe.. Thanks for clearing up my take on it Nick!  I wasn't exactly sure I had the facts perfectly straight!!!!!! lololol

My thoughts EXACTLY detune!

Is this CRAZY or what Adam?!!!!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:09:01 PM by jrobbins »

Offline j

• Super Hero
WOW! cool stuff Jon.. you got a lot more than you had bargained for here. But its a great cover, and I gotta say that you guys are as good as anyone, whether you get rock star pay or not! This song is a great example of the quality of stuff that this site turns out.. someday the secret will be out and we'll be seeing em line up to watch these songs being made.   8)

I'll stick with Steve's version.. it just freakin rocks  >:D  >:D  >:D
wazzzzzaaaap

Offline jrobbins

Thanks J!!!!!  I got WAY more than I ever thought..... I think both versions kick some metal a$$!!!!  I really didn't think anyone would jump on this song, since it is kinda old metal stuff and Savatage wasn't the biggest metal band of all time or anything.... I REALLY appreciated the help from all of you guys who pitched in and took time to help out with this! 

You guys who worked on this know how big a fan of Savatage I am.... so Zak even LISTENING to the track I thought was SUPER COOL!!!!!  Offering to sing on it!  WOW!  We must be PRETTY DAMN GOOD PLAYERS!  Right?

jon

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Pity there's got to be a casualty.........I'm happy for you guys :) :) :) :) :)

Offline jrobbins

No casualty here brotha Steve!!!!  Your track was KICKIN'!

Hell, Iwould have been more excited if the drummer from Savatage (Steve Wacholtz) would have replaced my raggady, almost in time drum track!!! hehehe

I thought the vox, bass, and guitar leads were the best part of our collab!!!!!!

Jon

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
That's awesome guys :) He's a really good sport for going through the trouble of tracking on this (copyright violation of a ) tune ;D....I'm sure if we did a Kiss cover, instead Gene (or God help us if we tried a Metallica tune!) would sick his lawyers all over us instead! ::)
I agree with the others here as well, just go through the finished section here...the original material here at MCS is easily at par with anything out there....minus the private jets & tour buses full of groupies of course! ;D
Keep rockin'
Marc