Musicians Collaboration Studio

Question for Mac users

Offline Davidinoz

• Damn I wish I still looked this good...
I have a powerbook G4 laptop as a second machine (my main DAW is a pc) and am looking for software mainly for sampling and loop editing. What do you guys use/recommend for a mac? Keep in mind I don't want to mortgage the house to pay for it ;D ;D

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
They look pretty cool.  I am a mac user but haven't ever really done loop editing much (since I used to play with Rex in reason -- many moons ago).

Mark

Offline Davidinoz

Thanks for the links Nick, I'll check them out.

Mark - I've been playing with the demo of Reason and it looks good. Of course the price in Australia is ridiculous but then all software is here :(

Offline DoozerDan

• Just another guitarist.
Might be a bit late, but check out Garageband, it's got one of the biggest, or the biggest Loop libraries around.  And only for umm however much it is, not much, it comes with the iLife set.  Under $200, not bad software.

Cheers, Dan

Offline Davidinoz

Yeah I looked at Garageband, not bad for the price. ($119 aussie). It can only record 8 tracks at once which cuts it out as a live multitracker but it's pretty good value for loops. I've actually just ordered a USB 2 channel interface which comes with Tracktion. The demo looked pretty good so I'll have a play with that when it gets here.

Offline DoozerDan

• Just another guitarist.
I only record single tracks so it works well for me :) hope you find what you need.

Cheers, Dan.