Musicians Collaboration Studio

Virus software

Billy · 21 · 9424

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
Mine still try updating every day. But, it has become a little flaky as to whether it works or not. And, I think on Kathy's machine, it is failing more often than not with the auto update.

The protection is still good. But the updates have become unstable. Which is not a problem if you are good about keeping up with it. Which is not a problem, since it is happening in front of your eyes.
Regards,
BW@

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
I have the Pro version of AVG and sometimes it doesn't update for a few days.  Whether the server is flaky or it's just that there aren't any updates when it happens I dunno.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
AVG here too...

... Got some nice norton tools but not the anti-virus, they want to take care of my 'puter but I want to do it my way not Norton's way.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Stoney

• Super Hero
  • Just Me Makin Noises
    • The Music of Stonehead
I now have the free AVG8 which seems ok but it now caused Outlook to lock up when shut down.....I always turn off all unnecessary processes when working on music ..... as long as I am off line LOL

Offline Sternen

• Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny. - Zappa
I have spent the last month at work fighting issues with Norton.  I would avoid it like the plague.... unfortunately I do not make those decisions at work.  =-(

AVG is an excellent anti-virus, but my favorite would have to be NOD32 -- probably the least intrusive, smallest footprint virus scanner out there.
http://www.peteclimie.com - Revel in the blandness of a base install of Joomla

Offline luisma1972

• LMA Project Page
I'm another avg user here, I think this one wins the most popular hands down
Luis Manuel Aguilar