Musicians Collaboration Studio

New Problem!! Echo Layla 24

r4m · 13 · 8042

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I just got an Echo Layla 24 interface. I got everything setup. I press record in n-track and it records all 8 tracks but no sound on the tracks. I can hear music thru the headphone jack while playing music file via Windows Media Player, but I can't get the recording vu meters to move nor can I hear my guitar thru the headphone jack. Now that I've twiddled, I can't get anything. I know it is something simple but...............I dunno what???? >:(

I am using a Dell computer. Windows xp home. Celeron 240 ghz, 768 mb ram

thanks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 10:27:58 PM by r4m »

Offline mlc

• MLC Music
Sounds like N-track is not set to monitor the correct recording device. I have version 3.3 and for me it's file-settings-preferences and then on the recording settings tab is a audio device button - click this and you will see where you can choose your playback and recording devices. hth

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I took out soundblaster card and reinstalled everything else and works fine!!!
Thanks Mark!!!! 8)

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Now when I load a track to play along with, it plays faster than normal.

Offline mlc

• MLC Music
if it was a track recorded with the soundblaster it may be at a different sampling rate than the new card???

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Actually it was tracked by someone here. I was going to add a guitar track.

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Jeez man, I was going to make some changes to my machine this week including a new sound card but now your scaring me.  :o

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Dave
I think it is just a learning curve. Everybody else is doing it. This is all new to me. I always tracked with a multi-track.

Offline Cary

Dave
I think it is just a learning curve. Everybody else is doing it. This is all new to me. I always tracked with a multi-track.

hey bro... check what n-track default sampling rate is set to.  I have a feeling it is set to 48000.  Mark mentioned this before also.  Give us some numbers bro  :)
Cary

Offline juice

• Give it Some Juice
    • juicerocks.com
Dave

hey bro... check what n-track default sampling rate is set to.  I have a feeling it is set to 48000.  Mark mentioned this before also.  Give us some numbers bro  :)

Thats what it sound like to me. I don't know about your particular software program. But I used to own 2 of those Layla machines.
Sound blaster no doubt was 16/44 if you project is not that then that may be where your problem lies.

I belive most new software accomidates different resolutions in the same project.
But some may not. IF not you can convert them to fit but it's just another extra step.

Also keep in Mind if you record at a resloution hifgher than what your soundblaster card can handle. You may not be able to use that as your playback device. Like say if you don't have the Latla hooked up.
I don't question why some people are addicted to making themselves suffer.
I'm just glad to have an audience.

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Actually all the settings were right. I went in and changed layla to 96000 and everything went really out of whack. Then I changed layla to lowest setting and it went super slow. Then I changed back to 44100 and everything was fine.
I'm tracking now!!!!! ;D
thanks!

BTW...... Between takes, while I was tracking, I went from 2 mono tracks (stereo) to 1 stereo track and the thing went into chipmonks mode again!!! So I changed back to 2 mono tracks and it was fine again. I assume once you start a project you need to leave the settings alone???? ::)

Yesturday I was getting some latency and I changed to very high buffering and it seemed to take care of the problem.

Offline juice

• Give it Some Juice
    • juicerocks.com
I'd stay away from 96k if I were you.  8)

Layla is a good solid proffessional device. They also have some of the most stable and supportive drivers.

You got a great piece of equipment there.
I don't question why some people are addicted to making themselves suffer.
I'm just glad to have an audience.

Offline Cary