Musicians Collaboration Studio

Sonar fast Bounce

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
There's an option in Sonar when mixing or bouncing tracks call ' Fast Bounce ' which seems to be active by default.

Has anyone tried un-checking that box and seeing if it makes much difference..you'd think a slower bounce down could be more accurate right ?

Anyone tried it ?

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Last I read was that it bounces as fast as It can handle.

I have done slow and fast. I ca't tell the difference. But I don't have the best ears anymore.

I remember a thread about this at cakewalk.com in the forums. Maybe search there. let me know if you find anything out.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude
It's used mainly in converting midi into audio. I only use it (in unchecked mode) when I'm bouncing down midi tracks whch have drums...especially cymbals. This ensures that I don't get a cymbal suddenly cutting off. Fast bounce is ok when you save a finished song as a wav file...there's no difference.

Aidan.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Cheers Aidan

good work !

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Digital Performer has a setup like this too and I imagine that the Sonar stuff would work in a similar way ... DP does "predictive cacheing" ... in other words as you play each track the first time though it writes it to a temp file fully pre-processed and until you make any changes on that track it uses that cached file.  Saves a TON of CPU and other resources as it also does that on-the-fly with all your plugins, so until you open the plugin to make changes it doesn't use any CPU again.  With DP it's all built-in though and runs behind the scenes (you don't have any choices to make and you don't have to actually freeze/bounce a track to get the benefit).