Wusikstation Group Buy

NickT · 15 · 7472

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Wusikstation has a Group Buy going on for only $59.95. They have hit their mark and are adding some nice sample sets. Over 4 gig of stuff so far. Is it all usable? Don't know.

I am not endorsing this product, just wanted to let you all take a look and see if it's something you might want.

http://www.wusik.com/w/wsgb2.html

From The Site:

EXTENDED UNTIL JANUARY 30th!!!

Since we are over 100 users, if you order NOW, you get the product link RIGHT AWAY. And you don't have to pay anything extra by the end of this GB. We already reached the MAX discount.

PLUS: If we go over 300 users, we will add even more sounds to the group-buy: Autodafe's MegaPads, scroll down to see a description of it.

What's Included:

(both download / DVD)

+ Wusikstation V4 VSTi: Hybrid Vector & Wavesequencer Sampler/Synthesizer. Stereo Layers, Oversampled Filters with Limit control, Several Effects including a 64 bits Studio Reverber by Anwida, Modulation-Matrix, Round-Robin, Key-Switching, Wave-Sequencing with advanced features, Disk-Streaming, direct WAV loading, High-Quality Hermite Interpolation sound-engine, preset-categorization and ranking system. Yet, even with all that, its still very simple to use. Loading new patches is a breeze.

+ Four Gig Collection set of sounds: from Electronic to Acoustic Instruments. Pianos, Virus Leads, Pads, Bass, Fxs, Retro synths, Modern Digital synths and more. Click HERE for a complete list of sounds and MP3 examples.

+ New Wusik Sample Editor: lets you edit WusikSND files, and also create multi-sampled sounds from WAV files. All this is done with a new GUI design.

+ New Wusik VST Tools: those tools consists of 3 tools that can be used with any VST. Arpeggiator, Over-Sampler and MELODY. Click HERE for more information.

+ New Wusik VM (VST Manager): The Ultimate VST Preset Organizer. Lets you organize ALL your presets into FXP files. While browsing the FXP files, WVM will load the correct VST that the FXP file requires. Making looking for new sounds with multiple VSTs a very easy task.

+ 20 Wusik Credits: Wusik Credits can be used to download new sounds and/or Wusik Magazine issues from our site. One credit = one download. (mostly) For more information about our Wusik Magazine, click HERE.

+ ArtVera's NewAge Collection: 5 Volumes. Size: 618 Meg. 374 SoundSets. 351 Presets. This set is not for NewAge music, it was voted the best set of quality presets by ArtVera so far.

+ Maestro Concert Grand Piano: voted THE best piano sound for Wusikstation ever released. Size: 1.8 Gig Uncompressed, 5 Velocity Layers, Release Samples and Pedal Down sound. Hear MP3 Example.

+ General MIDI (GM) Set: size - 560 Meg. 132 SoundSets. 128 Presets.

Plus the Following Extras:

(not included in the DVD)

+ Free WusikXtation Preorder (not released yet): a very advanced VST Host/Sequencer. Lets you organize and load multiple VSTs and also features its own sequencer. This is still been developed, so you get this in a PreOrder format. Originally this was only included for the first 100 users who joined this GB. But if we reach over 200+ users, we will include this for all users who joined this GB.

+ Drumatoxin by ArtVera: a collection of electronically processed drum and percussive sounds that can liven the most sagging drum track. Almost 2000 quality drum samples in 32 drum sets offer the broad spectrum of usage in various music styles. It contains sounds for live or sequenced drum tracks that are outright drum kits, sequencer driven sets, electronic and ambient, percussive sounds, industrial sounds, and basses. Size: 450 MB, 577 presets created by Vera Kinter (Artvera) and Daniel Kemp (dnekm). 25 drum sets with combined electronic and ambient drum sounds. 3 drum sets of percussive sounds. 4 drum sets of industrial sounds. 15 samplesets of bass sounds for creating presets Drum & Bass. Visit ArtVera's site for more information and MP3 Examples: http://www.artvera-music.com/

+ MegaBass by Autodafe: Comes with 200 Presets. Contains 156 Different .WusikSND Files. Each WusikSND File has 11 Multisamples in it.  This SoundSet contains Synth Bass Sounds ONLY. NO acoustic or electric bass was sampled. All the sounds have been sampled from Analog and Digital Synths and Softsynths, including: Clavia Nord Modular, Roland Juno 106, Korg MS-10, MS-20, MS-50, Doepfer A-100 Modular, OSCar Yamaha CS-10, Yamaha DX 7, Autodafe VST Synth, (custom-made VST Synth, not yet released, probably will never be released) Rob Papen Blue and (custom patches) Rob Papen Albino2. (custom patches) Patches are categorized using folders into categories (according exclusively to my taste), such as "Analog", "Digital", "FM", "Hard", "Slow Attack", "Squelchy", "Sub-Basses", "Hybrid"...There is also an "ALL" category... Some patches could fit more than one category (e.g. a Bass could sound "Analog", but be located in the "Sub-Bass" folder only...). Up to you to re-categorize the patches if you like.

[ Hear MP3 Example 1 ]

[ MP3 Example 2 ]

+ If we reach over 300 users:

(not included in the DVD)

+ MegaPads by Autodafe: "because you can never get enough Pads"

Comes with 128 Presets and 92 Different samplesets (with stereo Left and Right channels, totalling 184 .WusikSND Files). Each WusikSND File has 10 to 15 (or more) Multisamples in it. The compressed download file (.RAR) is about 640 Mbytes. This SoundSet contains Synth Pads Sounds ONLY. All the sounds have been sampled from Analog, Digital Synths and Softsynths, including: Clavia Nord Modular, Clavia Nord Lead II, Roland Juno 106 and Juno 6, MS-20, MS-50, OSCar, Yamaha CS-10. Also, some Old Italian "Combo Organs" like old Farfisas and Crumars donated something. Softsynths include Autodafe VST Synth, (custom-made VST Synth), Reaktor, Tassman, Moog Modular, Rob Papen Blue and Hartmann Neuron  (all with custom-made patches)
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I bought it. And I don't play keys!  ???

Anyway....Haven't installed it yet, but I did download the package. About 6 gig worth.

I will let you all know what I think when I figure it out! :)

Nick

NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I have to say that this is a really nice sampler.

They just went over the group buy number so you get the kitchen sink for $59.00.

I have over 8GB of some very nice stuff. I just got an email to download the additional 630 meg pad collection..

So if you are looking for a sampler and a tone of usable sounds...this may be a good buy for you.

http://www.wusik.com/w/purchase.html

Just letting you all know. Go listen to the samples and decide for yourself. Offer is good til Jan 31.

ciao,

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams
Alright, I'm checking to see if you are leading us down the garden path, or not.  >:D

You have to know, that I really need more sound libraries...

The good thing about it, is I have the utilities/tools that will enable me to convert these to other formats..

I'll give some feedback when the monster downloads are done. And, I've had time to play with them.
BW@

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
LOL.

Bobby - You need more samples like a hole in the head!  >:D

I have all my old akai CD's that I keep telling myself I am going to convert. I have some conversion software too. I have sampletank that I got when I bought a group buy at esounds. A dvd of drum samples I never used!. But I have them if I need them! LOL

I really like these pads tho. I always wanted some vintage sounding pads. Again, Will I use them? Who knows. I want to get back into midi.

Let us know what you think. I don't think the acoustic stuff will impress you as much as the others. You have garritan...come on! :)

Nick

NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
I have sampletank, garritan gpo and jazz, native instruments, east west, and a few others.  I did convert an akai cd a while back to a usable format. Plus, I've began converting the samples out of my Yamaha's (That's a slow process).

All of that, and with Reason 4.0, I have Reason Pianos, Abbey Road Keyboards, Garritan GPO Refill, and Reason Drums.

All of that and you made me buy this one....  ::)

I'm sure I'll make use of some of it. Or, at least use some of it as a base in VSTi's
BW@

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

All of that and you made me buy this one....  ::)

LOL...I know,,,I didn't need it...but I got hooked with the excitement of something new and inexpensive!  ^-^

The examples sound nice and the sampler iteself is really nice.

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Tacman7

I'm interested to get Bobby's take on this.

If the pianos have velocity layers etc.

Looks very interesting...

I don't know if my credit card can stand the strain.

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
First response to the whole thing is that I agree the engine itself might well be worth the money. It's easy to use, and has quite good control.

As to the samples that I've listened to so far. They are not bad. However, there is nothing that strikes me as "Oh I've Gotta Have That". 

As I said, this is a quick off the cuff response. I will give a better review, when I've had the time to dissect them.

BW@

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
I took a little time to works with some of it this morning.

Well, basically, I took the Maestro Grand Piano, and, converted it into a soundfont(sf2) file. Then opened it in a Reason NN-XT Sampler. I added a Mastering Suite, and appropriate reverb. And, finally, created a Combinator in Reason to act as a wrapper for the patch.

I have to admit, it turned out to be a nice fat piano patch.

The down side is, that lots of folks couldn't even load it. The size of the soundfont is just under a gig.... But, you be the judge...
The sequence I used for this example is raw... So, don't interpret errors as a problem with the patch.
I've listed both mp3 and ape of the performance, in case you want to listen to both.

http://echoprojectstudio.org/post/eps_grandpiano_cmb.mp3
http://echoprojectstudio.org/post/eps_grandpiano_cmb.ape

BW@

EDIT: I should also mention that this patch contains samples for "each" key/note in five(5) layers stereo. Thus, you can understand the reason for the size
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:18:40 PM by Bobby »

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
That does sound nice Bobby.

I was having a problem with it crashing my systen until I realized I had to have disk streaming on. Then no problem.

I like some of the bass and funky old synth patches too.

I have to find where the default for disc streaming is. I thought I read it someplace.

Sounds good bobby. Did you try it in the wusikstation?

Thanks,

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
Sounds good bobby. Did you try it in the wusikstation?

Yes I did, and it's not bad. The main reason that I made the conversion and created the combinator, is that most of my MIDI work is done in Reason. And, it does not load external VSTI's.

If I am working with external Synths like this one, Kontakt, or EastWest, I use Vhost to load and render the tracks. I found that Wusik ate a bit more resource loading and playing the Piano than it did using Reason. In fact aside from an extended loading time in Reason, the CPU load was almost nil.

I'll dig around and see what some of the other sounds do for me, when I have a chance.
BW@

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
I have all my old akai CD's that I keep telling myself I am going to convert. I have some conversion software too. I have sampletank that I got when I bought a group buy at esounds. A dvd of drum samples I never used!. But I have them if I need them! LOL

I meant to ask earlier, Nick. What are you using as a sample converter?

I am using Extreme Sample Converter. But, if he doesn't get the NN-XT mod done in the near future, I'm going to have to look into Chicken Systems converter. Although they are a bit pricey.

I really need the ability to create that type of sample/patch. It's just too time consuming to do it all manually.
BW@

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I have Extreme also. Pluse sampletank will read and convert the akai disk.

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
I have Extreme also. Pluse sampletank will read and convert the akai disk.

Nick

The Sampletank stuff is really pretty good. It's sounds aren't special outside of it's environment. But, I have to admit I like it.
It's a nice compact sampler, too.

Nothing like the NI Kontakt monster, or Kontakt which houses Garritan and EastWest.
BW@