Musicians Collaboration Studio

Lost In Izmir

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Hey, Cool  :)  :)

Very inventive...love the intro...Great vocals by GG ...didn't get bored even though it was long, kept me hooked until the end.

Well played all around with a great vibe  8)

Very solid mix Steffen.. it could use a little low end 'oomph' and the kick takes quite a dip on small speakers, and in mono the vocal is MUCH louder compared to the rest of the track in stereo. Maybe you did something to widen the instuments in the mix that isn't mono compatable ?

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
Thanks again for listening guys. Surprised so many people took the time to listen through this 8 minitue epic, but I'm glad you did. Much appreciated :)

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Very solid mix Steffen.. it could use a little low end 'oomph' and the kick takes quite a dip on small speakers, and in mono the vocal is MUCH louder compared to the rest of the track in stereo. Maybe you did something to widen the instuments in the mix that isn't mono compatable ?

Yes I did bring up the vocals on the master - it was the way I wanted it when I did it. But listening again now I don't like that decision any more. I think I'd do the mix quite differently if I had to do it again.

The mix could have been a bit cleaner too; maybe I do another version some day.

The mix itself isn't as mono-compatible as it should be. I noticed and mentioned that before. There are a couple of instruments playing at the same time that can not be separated well enough because they have exactly the same base frequencies. That caused a lot of phase issues, but I did not find a solution that really satisfied me (other than muting some instruments completely), so I decided to leave it as is.

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

I did not find a solution that really satisfied me (other than muting some instruments completely),

Yep the mute button is the most powerful of all mixing tools for sure :)

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
I love that!!!
Inventive and George and Mick: The use of those arabic notes is great!!!!!!!!!
Led Zep-esque!!!

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

This was hard work for me, I listened to a lot of asian singing to get the style right. I kept drifting back to bluesy vocal melodies and had to keep pulling myself back to asia.

I think the mixes were great, the track was a challenge. Mick's mix just had the edge for me.

George
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:49:42 AM by guitargeorge »
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude
Very striking song. Nice weight to it. Love the Eastern tones in the beginning (and during certain passages with the Sitar).

Great vocal performance from George who sounds like he really got stuck into this.

Mick, you noisy bastard.....turn it down will ya!  >:D Guitars are great as are the drums and bass. Nice one gentlemen.

Billy.

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
Mick, you noisy bastard.....turn it down will ya!  >:D Guitars are great as are the drums and bass. Nice one gentlemen.

Billy.

Can't help it, Billy. My amp starts at 11.

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

Billy.

Can't help it, Billy. My amp starts at 11.

Mick.

Starts  at 11   :o

;D

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
I post most of my stuff on a vocalists site to get some feedback to help me improve.

This one was compared to all a manner of things:

"Gates Of Babylon" by Rainbow
"Nomad" by Iron Maiden
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...