Musicians Collaboration Studio

Got any FREE samples sites?

r4m · 13 · 5876

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Anybody know of any sites with free samples? (Drums)

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
  • What's a band without members?
    • Backporch Dreams

Offline r4m

• Super Hero

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
See if this won't help you get started...
BW@

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:34:11 PM by Bobby »

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams

Offline mistermikev

• Me @ GrandCanyon
I used to be all over the net sniffing out samples.  I ended up with 45 gigs of samps.  Nowadays I just look for the "high quality" stuff cause my samp collection has gotten so out of controll I don't want the 'krap' cluttering up the directory structure.  Bottom line... if ya want good samps that are unique and cheap: go to ebay and find people selling sample cd's.  You can aquire files from any keyboard you want, real drum loops(got beta monkey loops there ages ago), and all for less than ten bucks!

OR, anyone have anything good to trade w me on limewire?

Just a sidenote: Another thing you'll find is a loophole in fruity where it doesn't seek the pathname to the file it's looking for... so if you rebuild your computer and have two files named c4.wav, floops looks for the first file named c4.wav and uses it.  I wrote a prog to help go through my stuff and find these files and add a prefix or postfix to the name.  Never got around to making it into a release tho.  If anyone ever has this prob and wants a copy let me know.
"Follow your heart, but let your head lead the way."

Offline Bobby Watson

• Super Hero
    • Backporch Dreams
I was basically the same way.. Then figured out if I wanted professional grade samples and libraries, I needed to buy them... Funny how that works...  ::)
Now, I'm in the same fix as I was before. So, many parts and pieces that I have problems choosing which to use, or remembering what I have...

The good thing is, I don't have to go looking for sound anymore. Outside the network, that is...
BW@

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Who needs samples when we have all the real players right here.  ^-^

Dave

Offline mistermikev

• Me @ GrandCanyon
I hear ya studio player... but keyboardists play samples as an instrument... on some level all synth sounds are a sample... and I LIKE KEYS!  But love the real deal when it comes to gtr, bass, drums... unless the song calls for an 808 and a bunch of synthetic stuff.  Gotta be willing to use all the tools in my opinion IF THE SONG CALLS FOR IT.
"Follow your heart, but let your head lead the way."

Gabriel

r4m - I've got 32 discs of drum samples, loops, covers all types, some decent acoustic samples, which is what I use mostly for my material. I've taken what I want from the discs, you're welcome to them, just cover the shipping and I'll send them to you. How do you plan on triggering?

Gabriel

Also there ARE a lot of good drummers here, don't limit yourself. I need a basic drum track to get me going, but once you have the basic track down, you should shop it around to find someone who drums, who has skills.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:26:58 AM by Gabriel »

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
I hear ya studio player... but keyboardists play samples as an instrument... on some level all synth sounds are a sample... and I LIKE KEYS!  But love the real deal when it comes to gtr, bass, drums... unless the song calls for an 808 and a bunch of synthetic stuff.  Gotta be willing to use all the tools in my opinion IF THE SONG CALLS FOR IT.

When it comes to guitar and drums nothing like the real deal, BUT..... I do use samples as well. I love working out things with Fruity Loops and use samples often. Like you said you gotta be willing to use all the tools if the song calls for it. I'm really looking forward to getting a midi keyboard one of these days and maybe make use of some the thousands of samples collected over the years. Problem is finding good 24bit samples. Most that you find on the net are 16 bit. It all works I guess.

Dave

Bill.. PM me when you get your computer up and running again.

Offline DonAllen

• My better side
acidplanet.com puts out an 8 pack of free loops every week.  they are acid loops and usually lean more towards dance or electronica type genre but some are decent.  i believe you can run those in FLoops right?  anyway, just for the info, go to tools on acidplanet and look for 8 packs.