Musicians Collaboration Studio

Reaper - Free DAW

NickT · 26 · 12502

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Thanks Nick. Just been looking at it a bit and it looks pretty impessive. I'm running some vst's including Guitar Rig on it and so for no lag. Might have to play with this at home.   8)

Dave

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Ok Been playing around with Reaper for a couple of hours and I would say I'm pretty impressed with it. Lots of functions. Doesn't seem to slow down my computer at all. I still can't figure out how to create an envelope for my FX. I would like the fx to slowly come in as it's playing. Hmmm Must be there. I also don't see how to setup my snap or take it off. I will keep playing.  :)

Dave

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Dave,

They have loads of videos on the site.

might find what you want there. Also have a pretty good wiki style help.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Found the snap amongst other things. Figured out how to do automation/envelope but with effects I can only go from fx to bypass. I'd like to do a smooth transition from say clean guitar to distorted gradually by vst effects. I can easily do it with Acid Pro. Must be able to do it here too.  ???  I will look at their site some more. I downloaded the manual. I still like the program. It's pretty cool. Easy to use.  :)

Dave

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
You can make a new track and use it as a buss. you can then send the original track signal to the new track"buss" you made. Put the fx on the buss and you can then use a track envelope.

Huh?  ???

Reaper treats buss and tracks as the same thing...a channel. you can route from your track to just about anywhere.

Nick
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Cool. I think I've got it. I found the video's on Wiki as well. All really helpful. I think I might just try this program out for awhile. Kinda like it. I'll see how it works out. Doesn't import wma's though.  :(

Offline groverk

• The Pendletones
I can't get it to record >:(

I guess I'll have to read the directions or watch the videos

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Seemed to record ok for me. I just had to 'arm' the track. I'm going to try it out home tonight hopefully.  :)

Offline Ali Kat

• Strength = Life = Music = Love
    • ali kats music
Okay Nick, maybe you can help me.  I'm using Reaper to import my midi from my keys.  I can get it to record and playback....but I can't figure out how to export the midi, as midi nor wav.  I have no clue what I am doing and can't find the answer in the help section.  Any ideas?
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." (Kahlil Gibran)

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Ali,

I don't really use reaper as a midi editor. It is getting better. I found this thread:

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15312

There are some workarounds. Dig a little into that forum. I will keep looking.

Nick

NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Ali Kat

• Strength = Life = Music = Love
    • ali kats music
I'll look into it Nick, thanks a ton.
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." (Kahlil Gibran)