Musicians Collaboration Studio

Need a great free compressor?

stoman · 18 · 5469

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Most of the times I say that i need time to play... There's a thousand of good stuff out there, I have no time for them and i'm a rich and blessed guy... Those guys in big studios, not so long ago, had 20% of what I have. The difference is that they know how to tweak the knobs and I no nothing, no matter the thousands of compressors, limiter, delays, reverbs... It all sounds crap in my hands.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
There's much more of difference in the sound of hardware compressors than Vst versions.

I'd argue you can make alot of the plugins sound very similar if they have the necessary controls and you applied a little eq.

Some stuff I use because the interface is just easier   ;D

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
CD, when you talk about  liquid mix, I follow you... It's the same interface for everything, just some lill differences depending on the original specs.. As a matter of fact, a compressor is about treshold, attack, release, and so on... eqs is the same, frequencie, gain, Q... most of them sound different in the tone like guitars amps and everything else... It's a matter of taste... Why do you use a fender a gibson or a ibanez.. it's the tone.

why you like roland, yamaha, korg, kwrzveil, whatever?.. it's the tone, all of them are great.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes