Musicians Collaboration Studio

Long time

jimbo · 8 · 6465

Offline jimbo

Hi all,

This is a song called "Long Time" which I have just completed!
I twiddle all the DAW knobs and sliders, play all the keys, strum and pick the relevant guitars and sing all the vocals!
After listening to it a few times there is a nod in there for Neil Young, CSNY and EC I think!!
I am not a singer but this piece has a certain resonance with me so I had a crack at it!
I would appreciate any feedback re the vocals cos I do all my mixing via headphones and, even though I think it doesnt sound good enough, I would welcome critisicsm!!
Hope you like it!

jimbo

Offline jimbo

Oooops!!

I think I posted this on the wrong forum!!! Well, it was late and I was a little "tired and emotional"  :-[

Anyway, can anyone help me to redirect it to the forum for you guys to give me feedback??

Thanks and sorry to be pain :-[ :-[

Jimbo

Offline Casia - lyricist

• Super Hero
  • By Working Together We Can Create The Impossible
    • Casia Productions
Hi Jimbo:

If you haven't found the place yet, it's "Musical Opinions", follow the link and post:  http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?board=13.0

Casia  :)
Casia Productions:
ALBUM:A NOT Ordinary Christmas-2010
ALBUM:idream -2011
ALBUM:Trevor&Roger's 13 Stygian Tales - 2011

World Festival Universong showcase July 2012, Canary Islands, Spain - Victoria Linskaya 
http://www.reverbnation.com/casia

Offline jimbo

Offline Johnny

Jimbo :)

you can sing! ;)

i think your vocals could come forward a bit more...

but the text feels honest and pure

the "long time coming, long time gone" sounds familair

tho' i have no idea why? ???

you should be more confident in your voice

your vocals sounds "just right" for your style

and musically...,you've got great style!  ^-^

Cheers  8)

Offline jimbo

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for that! I am going to re-record the vocals 'cos I think that because I am a little embaressed by my voice I tend to almost whisper them which causes problems when I need to bring them out in the mix!!

Learning, learning, learning all the time :D

How are you doing??

Jimbo

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Vocals always sound strange to the self. On my end it sounds perfect for this tune.  You have a good voice. :)

Dave

Offline jimbo

Hi Dave,

Thanks forthe comments, you are right about hearing your own voice, but I do struggle to reach and hold notes! It must be all the years of abuse I have given myself :)

I am working on another song where Christina Britton is singing the lead and I just put backig vocals in places and I am much happier doing that! Its stupid really but its almost like stage fright :-[

Ah well, I hope I grow out of it!!

Jimbo