Musicians Collaboration Studio

YESTERDAY

Offline Captain fantastic

Yesterday evolved from a song I had already completed on my own (Emptiness),I am posting that version here too,just to show how different minds come up with different ideas.Yesterday had reached a bit of a Hiatus,Two bass players dropped out,but I salvaged an idea by Speed demon & elaborated on it.Severing wrote the lyrics & sang the vocals,Mark hawkins did the solos I did bass,drum programming & other guitars.My original version reminds me of a British band called,Portishead.

Offline Johnny

Thanks Capt'n...this is nice...

Love the contrast between the two pieces. The original, "Endless", to me, is mildly interesting, but,
"Yesterday", is beautiful.

Severing's vocal is addictive, and the lyric, (what i can make of it), ::) is perfect for the music. IMHO, this is some first rate songcrafting!

Wonderful job everyone, "Mark" the guitar work was amazing and, "Speed, and Cap." the Bass was "hand in a glove" great....

For me...a high 10!  8)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:52:20 AM by Johnny »

jfreed18

Hi Captain Fantastic wow I really like your new song and I played it again tonight. I think it's cool.  I wished I helped you on this project. everyone did a fantastic job! Thank you Captain Fantastic your friend Jimmy.

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Hi Guys,

ENjoyed the listen. Nice ambience to the sound and vocals.

Andy

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Sounds great Capt'n - Yesterday has a fuller sound, which is probably expected, as I thought that had gotten some studio treatment, in comparison to your original which sounded like the vocals could have been more forceful, but I still liked both 8)
Damn it Jim! I'm a WRITER - not a Doctor!!

Offline Captain fantastic

Sounds great Capt'n - Yesterday has a fuller sound, which is probably expected, as I thought that had gotten some studio treatment, in comparison to your original which sounded like the vocals could have been more forceful, but I still liked both 8)
Unfortunately I aint much of singer,but sometimes you have to do it all or it just gathers dust,but hey...there are some great singers on this site,long may they live & sing their beautiful tones.