Musicians Collaboration Studio

Liquid Crystal Ladies (Donna, George, Gary, Billy, LMK)

LMK · 29 · 14795

Offline LMK

Thanks Donna!

yeah this was a wonderful write by Neil (LMK), putting your lyrics to this music. Very impressive!
 :) :) :)

Thank you! Yeah..."Neil"...well it's my own fault, I really should change the name of that email address, it was a tribute to a radio personality, but it just confuses people. LMK are my actual initials  ;D

Offline LMK

Guys, I want to share with you some of the comments the song's been getting from folks around the place.  :)
You really did yourselves proud.  ;) The first comments are from members of FAWM, the forum where I do a songwriting challenge each February.

Enjoy, and bask in the glory.  ;)

Wow, those people were very kind.

Thanks a lot of posting that Donna, made my day.

Offline LMK

Forgot to mention earlier, LMK: Thanks for your addition - lines 3-6 in the bridge.  ;))

Oh you're welcome. Hey wait a minute....what about those verse lines, the "Solitary leisure" verse?! :P Forgot about that one eh?:P

In all seriousness, it wasn't that Donna's great lyrics needed re-writing if you just look at it as a lyric. You can see the original lyrics on Donnas own forum still. This was Donna's lyrical baby, I didn't add much, my few new lines in the bridge and the couple of lines in that verse didn't take it into a new direction or stray from Donna's concept, it had to be done primarily for musical/syllable reasons, to make thing gel.

Btw, I think this is probably the first ever broadway style song with lyrics about this topic.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:41:25 PM by LMK »

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Don't forget my immortal lyrics in the closing line, Squibbly bop a de dap (or whatever...).
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline LMK

Don't forget my immortal lyrics in the closing line, Squibbly bop a de dap (or whatever...).

Hahaha...yeah, I'm not quite sure either how you'd write that down either! Squibbly doo ba de...boppa do....Squibblydoopa be....Ah forget it. While not part of the actual written song, the delivery was way too perfect to leave it out ;D

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
I often post stuff I sing on "The Modern Vocalist" web site where I can get feedback to help me improve. Here's a  comment from when I posted "Liquid Crystal Ladies":

Absolutely wonderful, George. Definitely needs to be in a musical or a cabaret. A top hat and cane salute to the advent of the internet and what it's done for the libido of men. And their relations with women. You don't even have to go to a theater or a video store. A search engine will take you anywhere you can imagine and a few places you didn't know existed. Pandora's box, actually. All captured perfectly in song.

Offline LMK

Thanks for posting that one too George.

Everyone seems to get the "musical" vibe.

I would love to do a musical, the composing side of it. Itching to do one actually. So if anyone has any lyrical ideas, a story to base it on I'd be very interested in pursuing it seriously.

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
LMK

I love the idea also. I can feel a project coming on.

I am in rehearsals for the local amatuer musical at the moment, "Oliver!". It's my first time on stage doing real Musical Theatre.

Darling :o
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:51:41 PM by guitargeorge »

Offline gbm

• Super Hero

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thanks for posting that comment, George.   :)

I've often wanted to write lyrics for a musical.  ;) Hard part is settling on a theme.

Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Very well done gang. Sure hit the right feel for this number.

Clarinet always makes me smile!

Great all around folks!

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline LMK

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
This is brilliant  :)  :)  :)  Put a big smile on my face.

Love how the modern lyrics are juxtaposed by a good ol' fashioned music hall backdrop.

George's voice is just perfection on this, and the musical arrangement is spot on. 

Reminds me of Divine Comedy which is always a good thing  ;D

Cd
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Thanks CD and Nick. I am on a musical theatre theme recently, which is great!