Musicians Collaboration Studio

EQ, Drum VSTi's, and a Sampler

Smurf · 3 · 4062

Offline Smurf

• The Home Production Studio (2011)
Hey Folks,
               I have been trying this out on some mixes, and am pretty impressed with it so far! If you are looking for a 10 Band Parametric EQ (well, OK, an 8 Band with Low & High pass filters) I think I have it...

It is called the DDMF IIEQ. Just click on the FREEWARE Button and it will be the first in line. IT DOES color the sound, but in a pleasing way, so it is not really a problem!;)

It STILL just amazes me all the great freeware stuff that is out there. I have also been playing with 2 drum programs, Bluenoise's My Drum Set, an EZ Drummer-like program, and SuperDrumFX, a drum sampler that you can add your on sounds to.

And speaking of samplers, I also ran across one of those, and it is called Shortcircuit. It has been discontinued, but it works fine, and reminds me of Independence & the E-Mu's Proteus Sampler in looks & feel.

With my limited MIDI knowledge, I can say all 3 of the above VSTi's work great, and are well worth the download.

Sorry Kristal Users, the last 3 you can not use in the Kristal program :(, but they work fine in Reaper 2.54 and Cubase SX3.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and Enjoy!!:cool:
I am a drummer handicapped by location. I use loops, program and play parts in on the keyboard or pads. My bottom line is to have FUN, the reason I got into it in the first place!!

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Thanks Smurf,

I downloaded the EQ.  I will try it out on my next project.

Jay
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline Smurf

• The Home Production Studio (2011)
Your welcome Jay, I hope you like it! 8)
I am a drummer handicapped by location. I use loops, program and play parts in on the keyboard or pads. My bottom line is to have FUN, the reason I got into it in the first place!!