Musicians Collaboration Studio

Help me out here...I think I blew something up

Offline stevegardner

• Drums
Okay-- here is the scenario...Vdrums plugged into Firepod powering KRK 5 speakers and a subwoofer. I ws out making dinner with my wife and this system just went off. Loud buzzing and screaming. I did not think it was from the studio, but it was. I shut the Firepod off....and it kept going, well it stopped...tht made everybody here happy, wioth the exception of me. Well, the speakers power on, no sound. The headphones work in the Firepod jack so that works....it even smells funky as if something fried in here....

Any ideas? This stuff ws just sitting still and not being used.

I am a drummer who spent most of his life playing acoustics.....I am clueless on this stuff.

Thanks
Drums, Percussion

Offline OcalaMusician

• Guitar, Bass, Acoustic drums, bit of Keys & Mixing
    • OcalaMusician on YouTube.com
Hi Steve - Sorry to read about your problem.  If ya want you can hit me up with a phone call and I can try to help you sort some possibilities out instead of typing and typing, etc.  Just PM me if you are interested - thanks.

Neal
Neal - The Multi-Instrumentalist & Mix Engineer.

Offline groverk

• The Pendletones
Hey Steve

Sorry to hear about your problem .

Try taking your sub out of the signal chain to see if the amp in the sub blew . I'm assuming your krk5's are plug into your sub . If the sub blew ther's a good chance it won't let the signal through to the monitors . This may not be the answer but it's a start .

good Luck

Ken

Offline stevegardner

• Drums
thanks Guys-- Ken, that was the problem. I had decided last night that it would just be a process of elimination....pull the sub out and see what happens....Boom, everything fine...but it.

Screw it. I do not need a sub for what I do here......better off without it actually.
But Man, I thought this whole place was gonna blow....WOW!

Thanks again Neal and Ken
Drums, Percussion

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Steve,

Maybe the sub is covered under warranty? I had one of my Alesis powered monitors (not under warranty)go out. Fried all kinds of crap on the board. Smelled aweful in the studio. Got it repaired for $80.00

Anyway, glad your stuff is working.

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline stevegardner

• Drums
Hi Nick- Well its about five years old....I have no idea what happened, wasnt even using it. I may look into repairing it, not certain.

Thanks Guys
Drums, Percussion

Offline OcalaMusician

• Guitar, Bass, Acoustic drums, bit of Keys & Mixing
    • OcalaMusician on YouTube.com
Glad you found ther problem without too much difficulty.  Also, if for any reason you might want a new powered sub that doesn't drive your top speakers, please let me know as I have one if you're interested.

Take care,
Neal
Neal - The Multi-Instrumentalist & Mix Engineer.