Musicians Collaboration Studio

VCR to our boards?

Guest · 8 · 5172

Awnique

I have been trying to take a copy of Seems Like from a VHS tape, put it onto a DVD and load it here so folks can have a listen.

I have DVD Power on my Optiplex 320, but I'm not able to access the DVD I made of the VHS tape.

I'm brand new at all of this, any suggestions?  (FYI, I have a burner on the T.V. DVD player and a burner on the computer.  I did finalize the DVD.)  I don't know a lot about recording, storing, or moving sound.

Offline jeff

• Super Hero
    • Jeff Smith and Friends
If you only need audio, you might try connecting the VCR audio outs to the sound card ins on your pc.  Record that with your audio software of choice.

guessing...

Jeff

Awnique

I'll give that a try and let ya know.  Thank you.

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Yep that would be my sugggestion too, good luck :)

Mark

Awnique

Hm

I tried the vcr to n-Track.  I got the 1st few bars and then a news program type of thing *surprise*!

I have an M-Delta1010LT sound card.  I plugged the vcr output into the channel 5/6 input on the sound card.

Offline jeff

• Super Hero
    • Jeff Smith and Friends
"News program type of thing"??

Can you be more specific? Was it an audio feedback signal? Something like that?  Or did you accidentally record over your song??  :o

I'm not much of an audio guy, but I'm sure someone can help assess the situation once all the facts are spelled out.

Good luck.

Jeff

Awnique

I wonder if the vcr was pulling in a t.v. channel or something.  Thank goodness, when I put the vhs tape in the vcr connected to the t.v. to cue the tape up, I get the song in full.  It's not recorded over.

If all else fails, I call Delta tomorrow for trouble shooting.  I'm still getting an error message about my soundcard when I try to use the master mixer button.

Awnique

Hey,

Gotta get for now.  Thank you for the input. 

BCNU'all