Musicians Collaboration Studio

TAKE ME BACK (Love Song To A City)- Acoustic Version

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
I see that this song is dedicated to a city  :)

There is a town called St. Augustin in Germany but I never was there  ;D. But I was in St. Augustine, Florida, USA where I stud under a big big cross and thought "wow, what a place".
We were on the way from Jacksonville to Cape Canaveral and we took the time to visit St. Augustine.
Very interesting and important for the US history.

Offline Casia - lyricist

• Super Hero
  • By Working Together We Can Create The Impossible
    • Casia Productions
It's dedicated to St. Augustine.  I did it for a festival I'm involved in, in May 2012.  I was hoping they'd use if for their promotions.  They like the song demo I sent but said it wasn't original enough  :'( :'(.  They said the best city song ever was the song for San Fransciso, can't remember the name.

But, if we can move this new to a new level, maybe they will change their minds.  It's missing something in their mind.

The singer is on another site and, of course, is no longer available.  He's is good and demand has caused him to turn down most of my requests.  We've done four songs together but now he's off on his stuff  :'( :'(.  He's from Canada.  Great singers are hard to find and harder to hold.
Casia Productions:
ALBUM:A NOT Ordinary Christmas-2010
ALBUM:idream -2011
ALBUM:Trevor&Roger's 13 Stygian Tales - 2011

World Festival Universong showcase July 2012, Canary Islands, Spain - Victoria Linskaya 
http://www.reverbnation.com/casia

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
It's dedicated to St. Augustine.  I did it for a festival I'm involved in, in May 2012.  I was hoping they'd use if for their promotions.  They like the song demo I sent but said it wasn't original enough  :'( :'(.  They said the best city song ever was the song for San Fransciso, can't remember the name.

Casia I think the only reason is that he sings 100 times bring me back but only one or two times "St. Augustine"  ;D
what they meant was this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB2nqzkE86Q&feature=related

Offline Casia - lyricist

• Super Hero
  • By Working Together We Can Create The Impossible
    • Casia Productions
The players in the song thought "St. Augustine" should stay very subtle in the song.  I did have it in the chorus and several places and it was taken out.  I did ask the organizers and they also thought it should stay sutble.  But I dunno, I honestly think it should be in there more.  I would still like to do something with this because it has a great feel IMO.

I need your help here Holger.   I still need to get the files...it .will take more time.

AND YES, that is definitely the song I'm talking about.   I've never been to St. Augustine so obviously I had to use my imagination.  I'm still listening to the video, I like the music on my version, maybe I need to re-write the lyrics and try and make it more meaningful.  I need to google some pictures.

They thought my version sounded like a love song and not necessarily to a city - need some city elements.  Name some places or something.  I may be able to mention the oil spill LOL - has it hit their beautiful beaches, maybe!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I can get Brooke to sing again if I make some lyrical changes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:03:51 AM by Casia - lyricist »
Casia Productions:
ALBUM:A NOT Ordinary Christmas-2010
ALBUM:idream -2011
ALBUM:Trevor&Roger's 13 Stygian Tales - 2011

World Festival Universong showcase July 2012, Canary Islands, Spain - Victoria Linskaya 
http://www.reverbnation.com/casia