Musicians Collaboration Studio

A Girl's misery

vad1er · 10 · 4098

Offline vad1er

looking for someone that wants to do a video.

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Hi Vad,
This is probably a silly question, but how do people collaborate on a video? Is it ideas you look for, or actual video to play around with?
Just curious what the process was.

John
Damn it Jim! I'm a WRITER - not a Doctor!!

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Hi Vad,
This is probably a silly question, but how do people collaborate on a video? Is it ideas you look for, or actual video to play around with?
Just curious what the process was.

John

it's much the same as collaborating on a song John, everyone records a clip, or clips of themselves, and then a multitrack video program can be used to mix them all together. If the collaborators all use green screens (or similar) too, then chroma keying can be used to superimpose that person (or anything that isn't green) onto other clips. There's loads you can do, but on a basic level that's it in a nutshell

Mike
"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Nice song Vad... it's spoilt a bit by the production, especially when the heavy guitar comes in but I enjoyed the song a lot...

Mike

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Thanks for the info Mike,
At least I know it's just another thing I don't have the proper equipment to participate in. lol
I imagine they also have compression software for video, similar to that audio compression software?
But I'm sure different ideas are always appreciated - and I'm full of those, and no compression needed. ;D

John

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Thanks for the info Mike,
At least I know it's just another thing I don't have the proper equipment to participate in. lol
I imagine they also have compression software for video, similar to that audio compression software?
But I'm sure different ideas are always appreciated - and I'm full of those, and no compression needed. ;D

John

A decent webcam would work, or a decent handycam... clips can be in any format .wmv, .avi, .mp4.. all the usual suspects... it's actually fairly easy once you get the hang of a program like Sony Vegas Movie Studio or similar...

Offline vad1er

Nice song Vad... it's spoilt a bit by the production, especially when the heavy guitar comes in but I enjoyed the song a lot...

Mike

Thats funny that you should say that. My favorite part is when the heavy guitars come in. lol, but my wife hates the heavy guitar.. Infact she is usually country or die. Different strokes for different folks. Here is a sample of her normal style attached. Oh other than the overdone guitars any suggestions on the misery song? She has been on me awhile about wanting to redo it. I did the production work next time I should leave it to the mix masters..

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Did you already have an idea for your video, Vad?
From the lyrics, I was picturing a girl on an operating table with a bunch of morons standing over her, deciding how to "fix" her. On her body was tatoos that made her look like that "Operation" game, with all the possible pieces they can take out. She escapes from the E.R. and jumps on a plane - with the medical morons in hot pursuit. In her attempt to "fly free" she finds a guitar in the overhead storage, grabs it and jumps out of the plane (this is where the heavy guitar licks come in) as she's "sky-surfing" on the guitar - to freedom. 8)

Well, at least now you know how my mind wanders when I don't keep busy. ;D

John

Offline vad1er

Dude that is brillant I wish you had video making skills.. That is exactly my wife's story. We were best friends growing up from 13 until a few years ago when we decided "why the hell are we not dating"? We are now both 36 and 37. She has been sick since she was 13. Her 1st surgery was for a blocked uritor. The doctor nipped her bladder during the surgery and gave her paratonitious. She had 5 surgeries in 1 month and nearly died on numerious ocassions. That is why doctors say they are "practicing". Anyway thanks for the input you have just the idea in mind.

Offline Mr. Mom

• Super Hero
    • My music-player
Wow Vad! I had no idea how much crap your wife has had to put up with in the hospitals - that's great that the 2 of you are together. Sounds like you've been there for her almost from the beginning. Tell her I wish her the best. :)

Glad you like my cornball, twisted way of thinking. :o

John