Musicians Collaboration Studio

A Stones Throw from Rock bottom

Billy · 49 · 12028

Offline Casia - lyricist

• Super Hero
  • By Working Together We Can Create The Impossible
    • Casia Productions
LOL!  Now I picture Billy standing on stage with all these instruments attached to him.  A one man band!
Casia Productions:
ALBUM:A NOT Ordinary Christmas-2010
ALBUM:idream -2011
ALBUM:Trevor&Roger's 13 Stygian Tales - 2011

World Festival Universong showcase July 2012, Canary Islands, Spain - Victoria Linskaya 
http://www.reverbnation.com/casia

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Tricia,

its always been a great song, kudos to you, Donna and "Billy-band-in-a-box"

Andy

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thanks, Andy.  ;)  The song is special to me because it's the first one I (tentatively) uploaded here in summer last year. The lyric itself went through a couple of phases. It actually began life some time ago as a poem about a man who was talking to a woman who may or may not have been his ...ahem...guardian angel.  ;)   The poem didn't see daylight for a long time and then it underwent a severe revision last year to become a lyric about a man who was about to hit bottom (with nary an angel in sight  ;D ). Then a little later, at Billy's suggestion that I change the gender so Tricia could sing the song, it became a lyric about a woman who's hanging in there by a thread. That gender change was definitely a good idea.  ;)

Donna

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:13:49 AM by Donna »
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline detune

• Mark
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
it became a lyric about a woman who's hanging in there by a thread

and smoking six packs of unfiltered Camels a day ;D

Offline Donna

• Rich Blend
Thank you, AJ.  :)

Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Offline peterk1

Paying tribute to the Page 5 songs that kept me sane at work this week. Yes, I'm going through every song posted on here in backwards order.
This one wins my award for the top page 5 tune.

I'm not going to comment much on Tricia's great (but unusual) singing on this because I think I got on her nerves enough about it yesterday in the chat window.

Anyone new to the site should check out the full history of this tune all the way from the Lyric Corner, to the studio to here, since it shows why this place is so special. You'll see people doing things and being encouraged to stretch to try things for the first time and succeeding wonderfully.

Offline Koolunga

Hi. Its a treat to listen to, for me a toe tapper.  :)

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude
Wow! How did that happen? I can only assume I inadvertently deleted it on a recent file clearance job on my collabs.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Is this song really that old? Where did the time go? I want to compose at least a thousand songs before I check out of this life.

Billy.

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Billy,

In fact a lot of your finished songs appeared to be removed the last time I checked...
Andy