Musicians Collaboration Studio

Ok, first question on this board. Latency issues using lexicon Omega

Offline r4m

• Super Hero

Offline McLovin

• Super Hero
    • HDA
Bill,,.. we just like talking about it,... don't really have anything offer for your particular latency issue! ;D
Keyboard Player/Singer/Songwriter
www.mclovintheduo.com
www.yournewneighbors.net

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
My answer is .......................Get a recorder and quit messing with a stupid computer!!! >:D

Offline BBDog

• BB Dog new website. Still under construction
R4m. I did have a digital recorder, it died :'(

I used tape, it went out of fashion :(

I used sequencers, became old hat >:(

So I now use a stupid computer :-[

I've wasted months of my life with computers, that's why I was always agianst them. No choice now! :(

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I feel your pain. Been there, Done that. I can't get past the latency issues either. I use a Yamaha AW1600 for tracking and
N-Track for mixing. Although I am using a dinosaur (Echo Layla 24/96) sound card. Although I haven't tried since I got a new computer. That may make a difference.
Actually I was just fooling around on this thread. Hope you get it all worked out. It is probably just a matter of getting your recording software tweaked.

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I love creating major confusion!! I hop on any thread I can, just to stir the pot!!! >:D >:D >:D
Well.....I guess I owe the computer an apology. I think computers take alot of abuse from people like me that sit and hurl accusations at them while not knowing what to click on.  ;D

I guess I should start learning to use the computer for recording now before my Yamaha takes a dive!
My soundcard is prolly obsolete. No phantom power, but it does have 8 ins and 8 outs. But they are 1/4 in/outs.
I'm thinking about a Line 6.
I already have Pod Farm with a bazillion amps and effects.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:20:51 AM by r4m »

Offline BBDog

Well yes, It's been fun on here with this subject & has cheered me up no end ;D

Talking of computers, I have been trying to install XP on my laptop after formatting it. I only use it for the internet. It's been playing up for 18 months, I nearly got past the stage of hurling abuse at it & came close to hurling it out of the window/putting my foot through the screen. >:( Six sodding hours! Now it's started crashing "driver missing" Great!!!
At least my music computer's working...........That's done it :-X

Like your gear! Line 6 is great stuff & I can't fault it at all. It's nice to have real gear with real meters on too!

Nice talking with you, all the best BB Dog aka Neil! 8)

Offline BBDog

The tail that wags the dog! I think that's rude ;D I don't like having my dog wagged :D

Excellent song, really well put together & you go the game on that solo!

Very good indeed :)

BB Dog (wagged) 8)