Musicians Collaboration Studio

Goodbye (NITCH/KENNY B/JWOO/DOCMIDNITE/LD57/COSMIC DOLPHIN)

nitch · 25 · 5197

Offline jwoo10

• Super Hero
    • Jwoo10's Site
Perhaps you can post a mastered drumless.. and let me mix my own drums into that??... since everyone else appears to be happy with their mastered tracks. I respect you Mark a lot and always value your mixing skills. This one seems to be an odd one for sure.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
John I've not kept the project file as it was corrupted ( see the thread for details ) and making the DAW go screwy , I was really struggling to even get it to play properly in the end. Sorry Man  :(

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Welp, unless the mix is able to be fixed.. I want my drums removed from it.

There's only a Final ape from my end now on the hard drive so I can't alter it.  Over to you Parry !  Maybe someone else can do better ?

CD

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline nitch

John, do you want me to pull the track down?  Mark first got involved in this project specifically to help Doc with the sound of the drums and then he ended up taking the project over.  I'm not sure if we got any feedback from you during the mixing process, you could have easily lost track of this project because at this point it was already active for over a year.  We all know Mark did his very best and spent a lot of time on this and I think his final mix sounds awesome.

If somebody else can do better and they're up for a challenge I say go for it.

Offline jwoo10

• Super Hero
    • Jwoo10's Site
I'm not happy at all with the current mix.. (specifically of the drums).. IF someone can get me a drumless file of all the rest of the instrumentation/vocals.. Mastered... I'll either retrack the song in porder to get new drum seps... OR I'll mix my drums into that mastered file myself.. as it stands the drums sounds like dookie!

I'd Certainly NOT call this one done b y any stretch.

Vincent

I did a mix as well however I deleted the project.

I did omit seps that didnt sound good in the mix though and used what sounded best to me.

Here is a mp3...I also kept a final WAV file in case someone wants to master it.

Song starts at around the 9 second mark.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:20:17 PM by Vincent »

Offline nitch

I like your mix Vincent, definitely very raw sounding and similar to how it sounds when I play this live.  I don't think you were using the "up to date" vocals that were corrected, but either way its close.

John, what do you think of Vincent's mix?  Did you have anyone in mind for re-mixing the track?  I do not know where to begin simply because I thought Mark did such a great job even with all of the challenges that came with the song.  I thought the final outcome was awesome, I can definitely live with it, but I'd hate to think that you're not pleased with it.  Its too bad that we didn't have this feedback when Mark was posting up mixes, and it is also unfortunate that the session was corrupt and was deleted after the final mix.

Offline jwoo10

• Super Hero
    • Jwoo10's Site
MUCH better...

I wasn't getting notices that posts were being made to the thread when Mark was posting up mixes I guess.

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
Do I hear a little bit of Bon Jovi in this song?

But ... anyway ... I like it still! :P

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post