Musicians Collaboration Studio

Removing unwanted files in Cubase

nitch · 5 · 4865

Offline nitch

Need some help with Cubase AI4.  When I record a bad take I stop recording, now the grid is highlighted, next step is click backspace which removes it from the screen.  This bad take is stored in my audio directory while taking up space, I have no reason to keep this file.  Is there a faster way to permanently remove a track without having to right mouse click the track, remove audio file, and then have to create another new track?  This can be a bit of a pain when you're working on a tune that's taking up to 100 takes or more :D.  I find that I need to keep the momentum going, so stopping and creating new tracks after each bad take slows the process down.  What do you guys do?

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
I use Nuendo wich is, also from Steinberg and I believe there's the same procedure in cubase.
Go to the pool and there's gotta be an option to remove all the trash
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
And having removed unused media to the trash, remember to empty the trash!! :)

Offline nitch

Offline Tacman7

I've noticed in SX3 that when you delete an audio event it will put it in the trash, so it gets deleted when you empty the trash.

IF you haven't saved the project since recording it.

If you have saved the project then it's gone from the project view but stays in the pool.

That's a good thing if you do different versions of your project to try different things.

If you have files in the pool after saving you can highlight them in the pool and hit delete. It will ask you if you want to put them in the trash or remove them from the pool, which is what to do if you do have an earlier version that needs those files.