Musicians Collaboration Studio

laptop recording

Offline nathanjnavarro

• My facebook profile
i have a laptop that seems to record off time. like i can play perfectly on tempo and it will be like offset a bit. How do i fix that? and also if i do a monitor out. its also out of sync.
Is there anyway to fix that?

Offline Stoney

• Super Hero
  • Just Me Makin Noises
    • The Music of Stonehead
Hi

Sync and recording lag is a common problem that most of us will have come across at some point ... unfortunately the solution isn't always easy as it can depend on both your hardware and software spec.

Most DAW software will come with very useful if a little drawn out help sections on the subject and although it is a real pain my best advice would be to read through and check each step they suggest ... at the very least you will get to know what the settings do ... One bit of advice I can give is NEVER change too many settings in one hit and ALWAYS make a note of what you have changed ... in-case you need to change it back

You will probably find that it is to do with the ASIO driver you are using but other factors can cause the problem... Also make sure that your computer and sound card are up to the task ..but I have to say most are these days.

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia

Offline mickbrit55

• Super Hero
I get strange blips in my recordings if I forget to disable my avast antivirus and my wi-fi.

Dammit! I thought the strange blips were a feature :(

Mick.
Very funny Spok ... now beam down my trousers.
SoundClick : http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=816080

Offline nathanjnavarro

• My facebook profile
is there a way to find the offset of the recording?
like so it automatically goes in time after im done recording a part?

Offline nathanjnavarro

• My facebook profile

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
I believe it is all in how you monitor. (How you are routing the signals)
Listening to the track that is playing and listening to the track that you are recording.
The tracks sound like they are lining up but they are not. So you have to somehow listen to the
track being recorded other than through your sound card.
Does that make sense? 

Offline nathanjnavarro

• My facebook profile
i got really confused. can you reword it?

Offline nitch

Nathan, try hitting mute on the recorded enabled tracks.  Once the track is recorded turn mute off for playback.  Hope this works.