Musicians Collaboration Studio

Settle Down

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
I like this song a lot, very nice. Sounds good.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
No! This mix is fine! Don't waste any more time on it. Onward and upward! Haha >:( ;)

I did it anyway. ;) :P

The seps are much too unstable and contourless to create a mix that really works (at least I'm out of ideas), but maybe this one works at least a little better.

MP3:
https://copy.com/ufEOBi4d760JCNmr

APE:
https://copy.com/kFo1N4LKFg0L4lJP

Please let me know when I can remove the files from my copy.com folder.

Regards,
  Steffen

Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
BTW, I used a different bass sep in this version. I wasn't sure which one was meant to be used, so I decided to go with this one.

Regards,
  Steffen
Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline Zax

Yea!!   8)

It's very nice to see this in the finished collab section! 

This is a special song to me in that it is my first collab here at MCS.  I love this song, and it will remain one of my favorites.  :)

Great job to all involved... Thanks very much for letting me play!!

Thank you Bobby and Mark for you nice words RE the lead guitar!  Much appreciated!  :)

Regards,
Frank

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
Great to see this finished. It's turned out really well you must be proud Tricia. Great performances from everyone and a great mix from Steffen. Thanks for stepping up and letting us finish this song.  ;D

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
I'm very thankful to have talented musicians playing on these songs! MCS is the best site.

So happy. I was blown away by Frank's guitar skills when he auditioned on this. I'm proud to be part of his first MCS collab!

I hope to snag him for another tune soon!   ;D

It was great working with Bobby, Steve and Andy again too. Always fun. I imagine one day being retired and having plenty of time to collab!  Wait. not sure I can ever retire... our country is falling apart,...  :P   lol

I feel like Steffen should get a medal for devoting so much energy to this one!  ;D

Offline soulfrontier

• Super Hero
    • soulfrontier online
So cool, so charming! :-) Nice song Tricia. I wish I could write songs like you do!

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
I'm very thankful to have talented musicians playing on these songs! MCS is the best site.

I feel like Steffen should get a medal for devoting so much energy to this one!  ;D

I concur  8)

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
Thanks Holgier! Every song I write seems ridiculous to me until it's done. I end up googling some of my lines to make sure it's not already a famous song I might have heard. and accidentally stolen, ha ha!

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
The good news is, my drummer has fallen in love with this song! He listens all the time and he shares it with friends and coworkers who also seem to love it!

I'm happy that you guys worked so hard on it! :)

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons

Offline Zax

The good news is, my drummer has fallen in love with this song! He listens all the time and he shares it with friends and coworkers who also seem to love it!

I'm happy that you guys worked so hard on it! :)

8)  8)  8)  8)

It is a great song!!

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
The song is not really mixable, Mark. Too many serious issues with the seps. But you are right about the vocals, they should cut through the mix a little better. I clearly overdid the mix-rescue attempt there.

I'll fix that, but that will be my last and absolutely final tweak. I actually only did this mix because Mark seems to be unavailable, and you all have been waiting for so long already.

Regards,
  Steffen

Nice one Gang

Sorry I couldn't get back to this guys but in the time I had available it wasn't really 'Mix Ready' which is a shame because I like the actual song alot more than the arrangement it ended up with.

Like Steffen said the seps had some issues, and I don't think the world's best mixer could have made it sound a million dollars.

But Bravo for finishing it, I still think it's got something going for it in the songwriting dept.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten