Musicians Collaboration Studio

Come On , Come On ( CD - Doc - Thunder - Cyclone )

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
" Overall a full and engaging mix sound -- good work! I like a lot of the guitar sounds in particular,
 The guitars already do a good job of the sustained component, so if feels like gilding the lily as it is.
"

>:D
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Hey everyone

For a laugh I paid $9.95 on Reverbnation to get 20 mini reviews to see if  this song had hit potential

It got 6.7 / 10 ....they reckon 7 or above is where you need to be !! ...Awww Shucks...interesting reading though !

REVIEWS  This performance is lively and moving. The percussion and electronic sound really take control of the sound on this track. The male vocals dive into the melody and keep the pace driving faster. It is an electrifying performance all around.

A flowing dance power kind of music brings vibrancy and invokes one to go out on the dance floor and move to the music. That's what I feel here. The singer has a great style and delivers the message of the music which is that "he has his sights on you!" That's a catchy idea and the music keeps getting better. I like the synthesized effects and the powering guitar playing along with distinctive drums and bass. And, the bridge part brings incredible diversity as the music lowers, the drums drop out, and then pick back up again; the chord changes are very colorful and the singer is able to shift his voice properly to match the music. He has a very appealing sound in his voice. And, then the music continues on into a creatively memorable conclusion with more great modulating effects enhancing the impact. On the production end, the audio engineer did an outstanding job of mixing everything and it's clear. In short, This is a great dance style song that invokes feelings of excitement and wanting to dance and mingle with others in swinging environment. Great job! This is a hit!

This song is really uplifting and powerful. It has an engaging rhythm and beat. It really hooks it's listeners in a great way. I think this artist has song good potential. The instruments are really great together. I think that the vocals are outstanding and talented. The sounds are so cool and futuristic.

Instrumentals were weak. vocals/lyrics did not have any substance. No Power or meaning!! the best part of the track was the hook!! it was exciting!! Good tempo but no originality to the track. the song did not make you want to rock out. it had simple backgrounds week drum sets.

The intro has some very technical beats that are clever and intriguing. The song draws you in and engages you. The vocals however, are not what I expected and are below satisfaction. The artist is too quiet and doesn't perform with enough confidence and conviction. The lyrics seem plain and boring, but it is a very original song. Needs some improvement to have commercial success, but a decent effort.

The beginning of the song sets a good harmony. btw the song before the lyrics sounds like it sound be played at a club xD! HOWEVER the lyrics and vocals kill the song! only the beat was good! >:(

This song is definitely the type of music which would be classed as "feel good", it is catchy and has the requirements to be a good song, the bass line is strong and goes well. The lyrics go very well with the tune, and you can see when there is a chorus or a verse which is very good, the verse is strong and leads well into the verse which is what you need in a song to make it do well. I personally enjoyed the type of singing in which was used through out the song, it bought about the unique aspect to the song, in which i presume would be the main feature from this artist.

This song has a spaceage feel to it which catches my attention enough to listen to it maybe a few times. But i am Not to keen on the lyrics and the vocalist. Not sure it has the potential to be a hit, but i can see it in a film soundtrack. A mainly average song.

I really like the build up to the intro, although the backing beat sounds very generic and Garageband like. I think the song has a very 80's feel to it, which isn't a bad thing - it could do with a little more of an electro vibe, as it had in the intro. The 'come on, come on' works but is a bit thin on the vocals - it just sounds a bit dragged out and flat and this could be an opportunity to make the song more interesting. The song seems to be a bit repetitive. I think it needs more hooks to keep people interested. Also, I seem to have missed the middle 8...it must've been there but if it was then it couldn't have been much different to the rest of the song, which is a shame. I enjoyed this song - I thought it was quite catchy - but it just needs a few extras to keep me interested for the duration.

Oh love the intro, this is a song that can take you on a journey! Love the keyboard, drums and sounds a lot like a band called Bag Raiders. The lyrics take you to a very fast pace out of control experience! Can see this being a popular song at the night clubs!!! The vocalist keeps the tempo very simple which makes for great listening!!! Anyone can move to this song which all people want!!!

The introduction has at first a dreamy feel to get one's attention before the dance-like rhythm begins. The tune has a funky sound to it and the vocals are raspy and unique-sounding. The rhythm is upbeat without being overwhelming and the song is overall pleasing. I would like to hear more of the sound of the initial introduction towards the middle or end of the song to form more coherence, however the song does return to the original rhythm of the introduction, which helps. The tone of the song matches the angst of the lyrics.

Very techno. I love it. This would be playing in A club in london. I love it. Very Rock and techno. Perfect combination. No one knows how to connect these two genres but this is a perfect combination and you do know it would be combined. Good job. Im dancing around my room and I forgot to write this.

Love it , I would defiantly download this! I love how spooky but techno it sounds.I thin the vocals could be better like a lot better. But over all I am impressed with the feel and the spooky feeling it gives.

Hmm to be honest I kindof got bored of this song, maybe it could just be my taste in music although if I heard this song on the radio I would change it. It has a catchy beat although there's nothing that really stood out to me.

This song sounds like it's in a minor key, which together with the music, makes it sound creepy, especially with the lyrics 'I've got my sights on you'. I like how at the end, the instruments fade out one by one.

I liked the introduction, it started off slowly but added a lot more beat in the beginning. Sounded kind of like a techno song at times. The singer had a unique voice, and went well with the rhythm of the song. At times, I felt like he was sitting a little too close to the microphone but overall, a fun, poppy song. I think this song has great potential of something more! After the 90 seconds, I think the song picked up. I think it is a great dancing song, too. I would like to hear more.

The induction takes too long to come to life and as a result doesn't engage interest early on like a strong beginning should, the build up in pace and style isn't gradual and needs to be better coordinated so it flows properly. The vocals were decent, the singer has a unique sound although slightly strange but i think it is viable. The backing piece was better after the start but i still didn't think it flawless enough, it has catchy beat but sounds a bit amateur because of some of the sounds used. The format of the song was reasonable, the intro needs to be better put together as i mentioned but the rest of the song had a decent flow and was put together well. In summary i think there is potential for this song, it was modern, different and had a catchy beat, i think better sounds could be used to create the backing piece though and the introduction needs to be better organized.

Sounds like typical alternative radio fare. Song is somewhat catchy, so could get some spillover to pop radio, but low hit potential holds it back from becoming a mainstream hit. Arrangement is better than the vocals, as the singer does not have a particularly good voice (sounding very karoake-ish at times during the chorus). Lyrics aren't memorable, but the beat thankfully doesn't allow you to focus on them much.

the start of this song is very modern the sounds put together are very good.this song is abit diffrent i like it but the singer needs to improve.the instrument is very good and exciting. the person who wire this song must of been good becuse i dont think many people would of thought of this its dead good i wish the singer the best of look in later life and the band.

Introduction has an eerie electronic sound to it at first. I like the different elements being added, it adds that intensity to the song. Vocals are a bit Eurovision. I think overall this song is not a hit, but artist has potential and energy n his performance. A bit out of tune at points. But some may like it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:07:06 PM by CosmicDolphin »

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Reads VERY interesting!
Some of the guys share my thought about this one being a great club track!!!

The downside is: It doesn´t get anyone any further...

How about getting the song played in a club?
Do you know any DJs around your hood? Or you preferred club/disco ( although I know you/we´re at an age where we don´t have somthing like that any more, right? ;) >:D ;D ;D ;D)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi

The downside is: It doesn´t get anyone any further...

How about getting the song played in a club?
Do you know any DJs around your hood? Or you preferred club/disco ( although I know you/we´re at an age where we don´t have somthing like that any more, right? ;) >:D ;D ;D ;D)

ha..I can't remember the last time I was in a club ..maybe 20 years ago !

Offline stoman

• Jedi
    • Stoman's website
The feedback clearly shows that you should not trust any feedback. ;) :D

Obviously some think the song is a hit, and some think it's crap. Some believe the vocal performance is poor, others love it.

So what's does it tell us? IMO the only thing that really matters is that the songwriter and/or the band is satisfied with the product. Don't have others tell you how to sound. Sound your way!

Regards,
  Steffen

Always looking for opportunities to mix your songs. Feel free to ask!
My Introductory Post

Offline Albino

• The most important things are not things.
    • Spotify
The feedback clearly shows that you should not trust any feedback. ;) :D

Obviously some think the song is a hit, and some think it's crap. Some believe the vocal performance is poor, others love it.

So what's does it tell us? IMO the only thing that really matters is that the songwriter and/or the band is satisfied with the product. Don't have others tell you how to sound. Sound your way!

Regards,
  Steffen

I couldn't agree more.

Sounds great to me  8)

Steve.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Cheers Guys !

I'm working on the final few songs for the album.....that's proabably 2 more year at current speed ..haha

CD

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
This is a really cool song. Dynamic and some cool heavy guitars.  8) Missed this one when I was away for a couple of years.  :P  I like this one a lot!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
This is a really cool song. Dynamic and some cool heavy guitars.  8) Missed this one when I was away for a couple of years.  :P  I like this one a lot!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Hey Dave..yeah you must of missed a few good ones !  Thanks for the listen & try not to leave it so long Bro   ;D

Offline SmithC

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Great song friends....liked it a lot  :) :) :)

Smithie

Cheers Smithie !  This one came out nice  8)