Musicians Collaboration Studio

Site Stalling

Gerk · 54 · 2960

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Ok thanks.  I'm wondering if that was something that was still stuck in cache with the old MP3 player attached to it.  I didn't see anything interesting in the logs at that point so that's my best guess... I haven't had a single freezeup since removing the player and clearing my cache.

Offline snowdoguk

• Super Hero
  • Twang Twang Twang
    • Soundcloud
Ok thanks.  I'm wondering if that was something that was still stuck in cache with the old MP3 player attached to it.  I didn't see anything interesting in the logs at that point so that's my best guess... I haven't had a single freezeup since removing the player and clearing my cache.
no problems at my end since the mp3 was disabled, was possibly once but I cleared everything in the cache recently too and haven't had a problem since
"A spirit with a vision, is a dream with a mission" Neil Peart

My dad.. "Turn that Banjo down!!"

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Ok that's good news.  I've read a little bit more about this issue related to other stuff and I'm pretty sure that's what was going on here.  The way this forum software builds its sessions is a bit old-school ... which is not the supported way of doing things anymore and it would be a significant undertaking to try and rewrite those bits.  I'll see if I can figure out a different way of doing the MP3 previews.  I have a pretty good idea but not sure if/how it will work.  When I have a bit of time I'll try and hack it into place and see what happens!

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Thanks mark. I just got a notice of the html 5 updates from codecanyon. I'll download and and throw them up in a folder for you to play with.

Cheers bud!
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
The thing I have to invent is a wrapper around it all so that it doesn't try to fire off a dozen (or more) sessions at once, that's what was breaking things.  I can probably still use the previous player, just have to build some more javascript in front of it all so that they are only done on demand instead of on load!

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
I had another stall issue again just now :(

I'm honestly at a loss, the only thing I can think of is that the software we're using is super old and should not even be able to work with this modern version of PHP and the hack we are using is causing issues.  It's nowhere near as widespread but still happens occasionally.  Not sure I can do much about it at this point.

Offline napoleonboot

• Super Hero
Hi

it's happening for me every day, and I only spend a few minutes on the site.

G
George can often be found playing stringy things, and singing...

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
I had another stall issue again just now :(

I'm honestly at a loss, the only thing I can think of is that the software we're using is super old and should not even be able to work with this modern version of PHP and the hack we are using is causing issues.  It's nowhere near as widespread but still happens occasionally.  Not sure I can do much about it at this point.

i had a glitch posting yesterday. But it did post, just took a while. That was the first time in a long time.
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
I found another couple of small tweaks that I made.  Kinda grasping at straws but might be related.  Again please report back if you see any other stalls.

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Stalled hard 05/05/2020

i was getting a site not secure message. But when the site can up, All was secure.

Site setting 3 cookies.

Nick

NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline Gerk

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • code monkey no sing!
    • Studio Gerk Pics
Stalled hard 05/05/2020

i was getting a site not secure message. But when the site can up, All was secure.

Site setting 3 cookies.

Nick

Ok thanks, that's good information to know.  I think I'm on the right track then.  It's definitely session/cookie related and the settings changes I made are related to cookies specifically (I restricted some things from being in cookies).  This is likely a result of the changes I made and your browser doing some funky things trying to get them sorted out.  For the insecure site thing it was probably because your browser auto-filled in an http instead of https and the stall happened on the redirect.  I would suggest logging out and clearing all cookies if you want to be proactive, then the two cookies will be remade on the next login.

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
The post never finished back to the thread. Just hung,but the new post was there.

Interesting. I'm just giving info Mark. I figure the more you see, the better it can be used to flag something.

Thanks brother.
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
FYI. Site is screaming now.
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
mark,

Did you catch any strange logs at the time marked when it stalled?
NickT

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com