Musicians Collaboration Studio

Too Cold Without You

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
This is the first collaboration that I have worked on, on MCS that has come to fruition.  It has been an awesome experience and I've been lucky enough to work with a great group of guys.  Everyone came into the project and added a special piece of themselves...the end result, a great song that I'm proud to be a part of.  We've had a great time with this collaboration and we hope that you will all enjoy listening to our creation.  ~  Lisa

We have a new update/version to this song.  Kelly has added background vocals &
Harmonies.  The new mix will be posted when finished.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 05:22:51 PM by Dove4Simon »

youtube

Lisa Said
This is the first collaboration that I have worked on, on MCS that has come to fruition.  It has been an awesome experience and I've been lucky enough to work with a great group of guys.  Everyone came into the project and added a special piece of themselves...the end result, a great song that I'm proud to be a part of.  We've had a great time with this collaboration and we hope that you will all enjoy listening to our creation.  ~  Lisa

You could not have said it better or clearer. Said with grace, truth and spoken from the heart. Thank you very much Lisa for being an inspiration to all of us through your well written lyrics and fantastic story lines.. You have been so thoughtful of others when collaborating at all times. Your Great!. What else can I say?
Thanks so much. 8) 8)  ;D

I would like to re-quote what I said when the project was over on the project thread.  :D

Tubes Said

Session Conclusion
==============

The session has been prepared and sent to Nick.  He is busy but said he will do the mix. A great deal of time
has been spent in went into this song production. Once Nick has the mix ready we will assemble the proper credits to post in the proper finished songs forum.

There are a lot of folks to thanks in regards to this session. First thank you Tom for taking the starter of Lisa's lyrics and applying some music to that. Thank You Mimmo for coming along and helping Tom lay down vocals. Mimmo as I have said before you sang it with style and you made it your own. We thank you for the wonderful vocals. You have a great voice and it is perfect for this song. Of course we rapped the song tightly  to complement your voice. Thank You JMan for laying down a unique groove and for the solid drumming. On top of that you laid down percussion that is just fab as well. You are without question A SUPER GREAT drummer as well as a very thoughtful individual. We cant thank you enough. Thank You Lisa for writing and inspiring all of us with great lyrics. I was and am accustomed to writing my own lyrics but you can see the results when inspiration, determination, and talents get together and inspire each other. That's the real reason we are here. The chemistry is what makes great artists and bands what they are/were. That's why we collaborate.

I am still awaiting Kelly's APE of the vocals.. Those will be sent to Nick as well. In the meanwhile I say again thank you to everyone and lets move onto the other projects...

Cheers

Tubes

Now I would like to quote what Nick said on the project thread.

Nick Said

This is my mix. I think you all did a wonderful job!

Tubes - you did a great job as project manager and packaging the song for mixing.

Please download and post in the finished section. Don't forget to list the collaborators and update the ID3 tag in your mp3/wma.

Hope you enjoy it!

Nick

Nick thank you on behalf of everyone evolved in the production and recording of what is now known as the song "Cold Without You". It could have easily been entitled "One In A Million" and that is really another sub title build inside of the chorus. While there is a negative twist to the story it is really quite positive and wonderful . Really this is a very beautiful song of love and it does capture and embrace the feeling of romance rapped inside of a interesting & exiting story line.  8)  :)

It is evendent in your mastered final release mix Nick why so many folks want you to mix their song.
Your talents expand from the guitar and songwriting phase direct into production, engineering &  producing.
It's easy to say I want some more reverb here, or this could have been like this but truly you took this session out of the mix studio and delivered it into the final listening phase ready to plug into the listeners ears.

We worked hard and we had a great staff and very talented folks in the corner of the ring. Way to go folks.8)
Thanks everyone. I hope you like the song and I considers Nick's mix FINALl.

Nick in the future if you ever want to ad this to any M.C CD release or any links you have my full permission to do so. Tacman7 & Lisa will have to answer for them selves in that regard. Really the three of us own the song together.

Thanks Everyone

:D >:D :D ;D 8)

Tubes

=================================================================================

UPDATED: 9:48 a.m. EST, January 20, 2007

I posted a Tubes final mix after getting a couple of requests saying they liked the amber of my working mix.
Did no want to give them that so I got around to doing a mix. As I said on the project thread this is not and cannot replace Nicks mix. It's a variation mix. It embraced the old time vocal idea  and maked the accordian a main player in the mix. Hope you like it. It's a clean 320k mix.

See project thread ...

Tubes Mix.
=======

http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=980.0;attach=3034

Nicks Mix
======
http://www.musicianscollaboration.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=980.0;attach=3007
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Feb 01, 2007

Kelly sent separates of backup & harmony vocals for this song. while it is finished really I cleaned them out, got them ready and sent Nick a copy of the wave's. Hopefully Nick will be able to update his mix when he has time.
So we have to ad Kelly to the Credits Lisa.

Thank you very much Kelly for your work on this session. Much appreciated. Better late than never.

Additional Background & Harmonies vocals: Kelly Almond
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 10:11:11 AM by youtube »

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Good job gang. Mimmo's got a really great voice.  8)  Lots of stuff happening in this song and I'm sure it was a tough mix. It turned out pretty damn good. Congrats !!  :)

Dave

Offline Cary

Hey!  Thats a cool song.  It's a bit too long, in my opinion, but hey, I was into Yes at one point.   :)
Great job on the mix Nick and yeah, nice vocal too!

c
Cary

Offline Mimmo

• Super Hero
Thanks for the kind words guys
Mimmo
Mimmo
Love songs...and more

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
This was a fun tune to mix. Thanks for the nice comments!

Nick
NickT

"...My life just Ain't TV..."

www.AintTV.com

www.TestafiedRecords.com

Offline CurtisDowney66

Good stuff folks.  I enjoyed the listen.  Alot of stuff going on in the mix(almost to much), but Nick seemed to fit it all in nicely.  Good job by all involved.
Curtis

Offline Dove4Simon

• Facebook Artist page
I just added "I'm Yours Always" to my Soundclick page...along with "Too Cold Without You" and found out that "Too Cold" has been climbing on the charts!!

Highest position in Rock was 750
Highest position in subgenre Rock General was 151

Lisa

tubes

Highest position in Rock was 750
Highest position in subgenre Rock General was 151

It's truely a great song Lisa. Great news  8)

Tubes

Offline Mimmo

• Super Hero
This is better than I remember....Happy I came across here.
Long time ago
Mimmo
Love songs...and more

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV
Very Nice. Been a long time!

NickT
NickT