Musicians Collaboration Studio

Wounded Healer II (docmidnite/Ocalamusician/Casia/floouk/Jwoo10/Bill)

Offline OcalaMusician

• Guitar, Bass, Acoustic drums, bit of Keys & Mixing
    • OcalaMusician on YouTube.com
Thanks to both Doc and SnowDog for running with the little mandolin idea I came up with many moons ago.

I really like the final piece Doc created, but I think it's needs to be a bit of BOTH mixes.  One mix is very clean and easy to hear all instruments being played. The other mix is bottom heavy and a bit distorted sounding (at least on my end).  I think if more bottom was added and the drums kicked up a notch or two that would make for a truly kick-a$$ mix.

Doc - being a gentleman he usually is  ;) - KNOWS why I left MCS and he is definitely NOT one of my reasons.  He has earned and will always have my respect and gratitude for working on this and several other projects with me.  The same can be said for several others on here with regards to me and my musical ides, suggestions, mixes, or comments.  I am glad he kept in touch with me and sent me this link.

But I honestly doubt I'll be back to work on any projects on MCS anytime soon.  What drove me away was those who have little or no respect for anyone else's thoughts other than their own.  It says this is a collaboration site.  I know what that word means and collaborate does not mean "my way or nothing".  It also does not mean..."If/We I don't know you, you're not even going to get a chance or be taken seriously".  And last but not least, I was very tired of ONLY playing bass on a very small selection of song styles.  I certaily thought that since this is on the Internet, and it is worldwide, there would be much more chances to expand my musical horizons on bioth the instruments I played and the styles of music I might get a chance to play and contribute to.

For me, none of this happened - so I decided to leave.  I think that Doc has gone WAY out of his "comfort zone" in putting this song together.  Great job to all involved who did contribute and I'm glad my little corny mandolin track gave inspiration to something so much more than it started out as.  BRAVO!!

All the best to everyone & perhaps there will come a day when I give this site another chance.

Take care,
Neal

PS - if anyone needs anything from Line 6 or wants to know about Line 6 gear, please feel free to contact me.  I've got an endorsement now working well and the photo enclosed is showcasing my new gear with my old gear working together perfectly.
Neal - The Multi-Instrumentalist & Mix Engineer.

Vincent

OcalaMusician

Neal you talk to much and have to much to say...Sorry things didnt work out for you here however stop talking already...Nobody cares what you think of MCS...Nobody asked for your opinion so perhaps its time to shut it... 8)

Sorry in advance to anyone having to read this post.

I didnt really want to be negative and post anything however this guy just talks to much and needs to be shut up...just my opinion on it...Im sure some would dissagree with my comments however Im not going to let this jagoff insult everyone and blame everyone because it didnt work out for him.

8)

You Talk Too Much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33DMVWfS8g&feature=fvwrel

--------

P.S...decent song Doc.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:51:19 AM by Vincent »

Offline OcalaMusician

OcalaMusician

Neal you talk to much and have to much to say...Sorry things didnt work out for you here however stop talking already...Nobody cares what you think of MCS...Nobody asked for your opinion so perhaps its time to shut it... 8)

Sorry in advance to anyone having to read this post.

I didnt really want to be negative and post anything however this guy just talks to much and needs to be shut up...just my opinion on it...Im sure some would dissagree with my comments however Im not going to let this jagoff insult everyone and blame everyone because it didnt work out for him.

8)

You Talk Too Much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33DMVWfS8g&feature=fvwrel

--------

P.S...decent song Doc.

How about go F*&K YOURSELF VINNIE!!!  I do not recall talking to you, but you ALWAYS stick your nose in other people's business.  Maybe there is a reason why most of the truly talented players/writers here on MCS DO NOT work with you or give up soon after trying like I did.  You're a pompous a$$hole with with NO original ideas or musical talent.

THIS is just one of the reasons I'm GONE from this site.

Offline OcalaMusician

Simply amazing...

There is one of many old sayings that fit this as a perfect example of what I wrote about.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must BE a duck.

Always interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork when general remarks are made and who decides to say something about them.

Doc - please feel free to delete any or all of anything I've written.  And to "j" I wasn't "dropping a business card" as you put it, but offering to HELP as I've always done on here, but this is exactly why I've left.  Could you be more clueless about why I wrote what I wrote or do you feel some personal responsibility??

Vincent

What response did you expect from people Neal when you basically insult everyone except a few of your buddies.

Perhaps you should stick to PM's and talking behind peoples back if you cant take the fallout and dont want anyone to respond.

You can give it but you cant take it.

Go cry to someone who cares.

--------------

I wont even defend the talent comment because Im not insecure about my musical abilities...I know I ve got the goods and been told so by better musicians than you will ever dream to be my friend.

Vincent

Offline floouk

• The best Doctor ever - -
I must admit I didn't get the impression that Neal insulted anyone on here that was involved in creating this track, in fact this quote.  .  . 

Great job to all involved who did contribute and I'm glad my little corny mandolin track gave inspiration to something so much more than it started out as.  BRAVO!!

.  .  .  very much suggests the opposite.  It seems to me that Neal gave some veiled reasons as to why he no longer uses MCS, which while I disagree on a couple of points, are HIS reasons and are valid for him.  In fact I think Neal is answering Doc's earlier point about leaving MCS in the first place.

On a personal note, I don't feel insulted at all.  I'm proud of my contribution to this track and of the other people involved that have made it the fabulous track I think it is.

No disrespect intended to anyone on here.

"Then it's the most brilliant piece of astrogravitational engineering I've ever seen.  The concept is simply staggering.  Pointless! but staggering."

The Doctor

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
This tune kicks ass... Love it.
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Whoah....... just catching up on quite a few months worth of Finished Songs and saw this Can of Worms  :o

Just wanted to say the song came out well Doc & everyone..better than I though it would....it was a beast to wrestle with and the sonics on some of the stuff were challenging to work with, I  know 'cause I had a go a mixing it and it sounded pretty bad  ;D  Kudos to Doc for making it sound like a record.

As for the rest of it , well I guess in life not everyone likes everyone else all of the time but there's enough musicians on here that I would think everyone would be able find a group of folks to collab with, you tend to see folk either stick around and do alot of collabs with a likeminded bunch or do a few collabs and not stay for whatever reason. 

I guess the music is the most important thing , when I released my Album in April I listed the musicians that performed on it and It was over 30  :o   There's at least 4 or 5 that don't come collab on here any more but they were good musicians.....and of course one no longer with us.  Life is short  - make music  8)

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline docmidnite

• Super Hero
  • Rock on, dude
    • http://indiemusicworks.com/Henry_Mittnacht/
Whoah....... just catching up on quite a few months worth of Finished Songs and saw this Can of Worms  :o

Just wanted to say the song came out well Doc & everyone..better than I though it would....it was a beast to wrestle with and the sonics on some of the stuff were challenging to work with, I  know 'cause I had a go a mixing it and it sounded pretty bad  ;D  Kudos to Doc for making it sound like a record.

As for the rest of it , well I guess in life not everyone likes everyone else all of the time but there's enough musicians on here that I would think everyone would be able find a group of folks to collab with, you tend to see folk either stick around and do alot of collabs with a likeminded bunch or do a few collabs and not stay for whatever reason. 

I guess the music is the most important thing , when I released my Album in April I listed the musicians that performed on it and It was over 30  :o   There's at least 4 or 5 that don't come collab on here any more but they were good musicians.....and of course one no longer with us.  Life is short  - make music  8)

CD