Musicians Collaboration Studio

Are You Lonely

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
One for the MC Artists Vol II  :)

We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline NickT

• NickT
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • Here I am!
    • Ain't TV

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
When are you starting on that Nick ? Any plans  ???

CD

Offline holmezzombiacus

• Fuzztone Joe
Dude, loved this one.  gotta agre BLOODY SMOKIN!!!   HZ

Offline srvfender

• Soundclick
Nice job guys! I'm a little behind in listening to all these great finished songs.

AJ

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
First off, I've got to repeat what a great song this is. :) As I'm sure I've mentioned to Steve and Todd, I personally think this song captures the best qualities/ essence of Steve's vocals..I basically use this as the gauge to see if any tunes we work on with Steve are making the mark to take advantage and make the best of his vocal qualities..and this is easily as great as anything you'll hear. Out of any rock songs I've heard on the site, this certainly is on the top, if not the top song..I'm leaving personal preferences out of the equation..looking at it purely by what I would think would chart (spend much of my day on the raod, maybe get about 3 hours a day just scanning the staions to see whats new,etc..), along with some of the Ain't TV tunes Steve is on as well. It's heavy enough to make it on the rock stations, but could go to the classic rock or lighter rock stations as well. It's got a little 80's retro to it..which presently is a pretty hot sound...some Canadian bands from the 80's come to mind..Streetheart, Honeymoonsuite kind of vibe.Also, for the bass playing, is certainly one of my favs here..which is funny considering Dave considers himself a guitar player! ;D You guys really nailed this one!
As for the mixes, did alot of a/b's...leaving personal preferences out of it..tried compare to what you'd hear on a big label album..although both sound as good as most of the stuff out there.
I find, overall, Nick's mix is  cleaner and defined..the vocals are crystal clear, center stage, every word loud and clear/Todd's snare has alot more...snap/punch to it...at least on my system, makes it sound better. Personally think the intro should be a hybrid of both...the chunking rythmn a little less pronounced, and more of the background guitar..although, again if I had to pick, I think they would go for Nick's version on the beginning. I do prefer Mark's mix of the guitar during the last bit..but that's more personal preference..like the guitar to crank when it needs to...give it some heaviness, but that's preference...find much of the newer stuff is mixed that way, as compared to 10 or 20 years ago.
Bass is great on both..a little more power (bottom punch) on Nick's I think..those are about the only differences that stand out to myself anyway, but then again, what do I know?..I repair dishwashers for a living, not records! ;D ;D
But this is certainly a highlight of the year I would think..if there was a vote, I'd say track #1 the CD for sure! :)
Good work guys (now that you've got your new toy Dave, start pumping some more killer tunes man! ;D)
Marc

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
 ;D Thanks bro. Steve and Todd really make the song. Steve sang from the heart and made it very personal and Todd put a lot of heart and soul into his drumming. I never saw a guy do so many drum takes until 'he' felt it was right.  :o

That's the bread and butter.  :)

Dave

Offline Thunder

• Super Hero
    • moseskane
;D Thanks bro. Steve and Todd really make the song. Steve sang from the heart and made it very personal and Todd put a lot of heart and soul into his drumming. I never saw a guy do so many drum takes until 'he' felt it was right.  :o

That's the bread and butter.  :)

Dave
Thanks Dave your my bro,it is great to write a drum track to such a great song writer you. :)
Todd

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Here's a Bootleg Mix...

CD

Offline Thunder

• Super Hero
    • moseskane
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bootleg mix
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:43:24 PM by Thunder »
Todd

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
 ;D Cool. I'll crank it up in the studio. I always like the bootlegs  8)

Hey....Wait a minute....That's my tune.  ???  How'd you get that? Torrent site?  I'm suing !!  ;D

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
I have both mixes of this on a CD full of rock songs in the car .....I heard it for the first time in a long while, both versions were ok , but neither of them stood out as being 'the one'...

I liked the solidness of Nick's Drums but the guitars dissappeared towards the end.

I liked the way my guitars and rides kept moving with the song to keep the feel going, but overall it was too thin.

So I actually lined Nick's mix and my mix together....right down to sample level accuracy...then I faded one into the other......put a couple of plugs arcross the main buss....one is  a bass mono filter that prevents the bottom end from spreading too wide, and can make it  sound tighter.

Thought it was worth trying as an experiment  ;D

CD

Offline AndyG6508

• Jedi
    • https://soundcloud.com/bumpy-buttons
Great song, radio ready!!

Fab playing and singning, solid rock!

Andy