Musicians Collaboration Studio

Datas Head (Rock/metal instrumental)

Offline elevenFiftyeight

Hi everyone,
Havent posted here in a while. Been updating software and hardware and learning alot about home recording. Anyway, heres a song I wrote and performed that Ive just recently re-mixed with some of my new found knowledge.

Its a rock/metal style tune. Not too, long, about 4 minutes. Anyway, check it out and give it a bash, or praise, I can take it :)

Offline jrobbins

HOLY SMOKES!!!  How did I miss this one!!!!!???????????

DOOD this KICKS ASS!!!!!!!

MORE!!!!!  MORE!!!!  MORE!!!!!!

Jon

EDIT:  You need some vocals on this bro!!!!  ROCKIN!!!  GREAT JOB!!!!

Offline detune

• Mark
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
What an awesome metal instrumental!  The layering is great! 

The drum programming is excellent, but I can imagine a drummer like jwoo10 taking it to the next level!

Offline Billy

• Super Hero
  • Professionalism is an attitude
Welcome back!

And what an entrance!!  :o

Excellent guitar chops and it's certainly cleared any cobwebs in my ears   >:D

Love the almost violins part late in the song...not heard that done before.

ROCK ON!!

Billy.

Offline elevenFiftyeight

Right on. Thanks everybody. I wrote and performed that song in late 07. Ive just recently figured out how to properly mix my music,(reading forums and manuals can do wonders).

And yes, Ive got more. With vocals too. Im currently re-mixing 4 songs.....the right way this time.

Thanks again guys.
efe

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Yep Rocks good. Mix sounds really clear. Nice job. I'd have to agree with Detune on the drums. Not sure if they're programmed. Sounds like it. I think a looser, real drummer would do it even better. Cool tune though.  8)

Dave

Offline elevenFiftyeight

Yes they are programmed drums. My DAW is Cubase 4.5.2 and Im using the Jamstix 2 vst plugin, subhosting the BFD2 drum module.

Id be totally into having a real drummer take a shot at this song. Im not set up for recording drums here at my house  and Im not a drummer anyway so it would have to be an internet collaboration.
Cheers
efe