Musicians Collaboration Studio

Devil In The Detail

r4m · 78 · 24520

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
CD
Can you hook John up with a mastered ape?
My puter is down. Trying to transfer all files from old puter to newer one.
PAIN!!! >:(
Old one has a 40 gig HD
Newer one has 160 gig
Put old hard drive in new puter as slave but can't access the files!!! >:( >:(
Prolly start another thread to get some tips. :(

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
I have to do exactly what you're doing, multiplied by 2 or 3 (big monster in the studio, puters move up the line until the last one gets put to the curb! ;D
Looking into this...for 40$ may be worth all the hastle..digging up old programs,keys,passwords,cracks,...I believe windows puts a code from their operating system (old one) so they won't run in the new one. This program writes both codes...all programs except operating system (from what I read anyway! :o)..
Later!
Marc

http://www.laplink.com/pcmover/

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Marc
Thanks for the info bro! I think I got it for free though! >:D

John
If CD doesn't get the ape for ya, I'll get it as soon as I get my computer back up.

Neal
Very cool bro! Let them have it for free. Glad they like the song!! :)
You can direct them to the site here to download it in finished collabs.
But they will have to create an account to get in. Or lemme know I can post on another site if need be. Thanks for playing it at the shows!! 8) 8) 8)

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  • Do or do not..there is no try
    • Phonicworks : TV Production Music
Yeah I gotta upload it to Yousendit again though as big files just time out when I try here.

Can't do it right now , as I gotta shut down , I'll do it the A.m.

CD
We never finish a mix... we simply abandon them.
You can't polish a turd, but you can always spray paint it GOLD
Great songs are not written, they are re-witten

Offline OcalaMusician

• Guitar, Bass, Acoustic drums, bit of Keys & Mixing
    • OcalaMusician on YouTube.com
In case anyone is interested...I've been playing the final mix of this song as one of many on my .mp3 player through the PA during our set breaks and I've been getting many people asking me what this song is, and where they can get a copy.

Good on ya Neal.

How does it sound through a PA ?

CD

Cranked at a decent volume it really punchs nicely.  People sometimes even dance to it during the set break.  THAT is always a compliment to the song.

A great tune just seems never to get ignored.  Whether anyone has ever heard it before or not.
Neal - The Multi-Instrumentalist & Mix Engineer.

Offline OcalaMusician

Marc
Thanks for the info bro! I think I got it for free though! >:D

John
If CD doesn't get the ape for ya, I'll get it as soon as I get my computer back up.

Neal
Very cool bro! Let them have it for free. Glad they like the song!! :)
You can direct them to the site here to download it in finished collabs.
But they will have to create an account to get in. Or lemme know I can post on another site if need be. Thanks for playing it at the shows!! 8) 8) 8)

The price tag is none of my business, but I would suggest putting it somewhere - YouTube (with some nice still-life photos?) MySpace, PhotoBucket, 4Shared, etc. and once there, please give me the link and I will keep that with my player so if anyone asks, I can just give them the link to hear or download it.

Offline Pleasuredome

• Super Hero
  • Symi Rock
    • My Web Page
Bill, I am not against selling it from somewhere!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Incidentally, thanks Neal :) :)

Offline OcalaMusician

It's MY pleasure (no pun intended Steve), but you are very welcome.

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
I'm trying to get these monitors tuned in  , does anyone else think my final master came across a bit bass heavy ?  Tried it on some other systems today and thought it was too stong at the bottom.    Also on my cans which are quite bass light.

I can adjust them to emit more bass , actually think of asking for the sub to go with them so I can really hear what's going on down there.

I'm attempting a re-master just for experimental purposes but would like to know if it translated bass heavy.

CD

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
Here's a re-master , see if it works any better than the other one  ???

CD

Offline OcalaMusician

Hi CD - I've listened to ALL of your masters of this song and just IMHO I believe that your overall sound is amazingly clen, clear, yet I also believe that your mixes are a bit lead vocal heavy.  I do not thinkn your last two mixes and bottom heavy in the least.

Just for YOUR own purpose for comparison in the hopes this might assist you in setting up your monitors, here is my final mix using the revised opening drum tracks.  I WISH I could get the cleanliness of your mix with the intensity of my mix.  I am from the school of very strong drums mixed in your face and all other instruments from low Q to high built from the lowest Q range up for all instruments, with vocals done last to sit just a "bit" above the instruments.

And I only wrote this out just to explain my personal preferences.  Not better, worse, etc.  And to say it one more time - posted & explained to help YOU in setting up your monitors.

Please let me know what you think related to comparison only and how my mix responds on your monitor system.  This mix does not distort or even sound too bottom heavy on my monitors.  It just has the intensity of the drums as the main difference in our mixes.

I just hope what i've tried to convey makes sense to you CD and in some way helps.  Please let me know when you've got my mix file and I'll come back and remove it so it doesn't have a chance to cause any confusion with anyone who might not understand why I posted it inthe first place.

Take care,
Neal

EDIT: File deleted as it was no longer needed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:57:36 PM by OcalaMusician »

Offline CosmicDolphin

• Jedi
  Please let me know when you've got my mix file and I'll come back and remove it so it doesn't have a chance to cause any confusion with anyone who might not understand why I posted it inthe first place.

Take care,
Neal

Thanks Neal... I have it I'll send you a PM when I've listened .

CD

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
CD
I think the newest mix is best yet! More volume and seems punchier also. I like the less bass on this one as well. And I agree with Neal, mix seems really clear!
The lead vox may be just a tiny bit strong in the mix but that would be splitting hairs. SOUNDS KILLER!!!

Neal,
Sounds good but a bit drum heavy and seems drums are in a different room than the rest of the band. I too like drum heavy but I think this is a bit much.

Offline r4m

• Super Hero
Bill, I am not against selling it from somewhere!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Incidentally, thanks Neal :) :)

Steve
I don't have a problem with it if you wanna do it. Don't know what we would have to do?

Offline OcalaMusician

CD - glad ya got the file.

Bill - thanks for your thoughts.  I agree they are a bit heavy, but I did think  they blended.  I'll give a listen again in the next day to two.  It might be just because they are as up front as I have them?  Thanks for your thoughts.

I just hope in some way it might help CD with his monitor set up