Musicians Collaboration Studio

All Alone

Guest · 24 · 5565

Vincent

canuk62          (Drums,Bass,Harmonica,Acoustic Guitar,Producer,Editing,mixing)
Vincent           (Writer,Composer,guitars,Lyrics,Vocal Melody)
Tricia              (Vocals,Lyrics,Vocal melody)
Stonehead       (Drums)
J                    (keyboard)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:46:54 AM by Vincent »

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
All Alone
Vincent/Dovidio (c)2010

You say that you will never love me
You say that you will never care
I say that you belong with me
I say that you will be here

for a long time, I've been
tryin to make you mine 

I can dream
And I can Fly
Though it seems
No matter how hard I try

The world is just so lonely
The world can be so cold
No amount of money
makes this house a home
I'm All alone

I keep hoping you will see
I keep thinking you'll love me
You keep looking right past
and I'm getting nowhere fast 

But I can dream
And I can Fly
Though it seems
No matter how hard I try

The world is still so lonely
The world is still so cold
no amount of money
makes this house a home
I'm All alone

maybe now is the time for change
maybe soon you'll be here to stay
Do I see a new look in your eye
But it's not for me, Why?   

In my dreams
We both can Fly
Though it seems
No matter how hard I try

My world remains lonely
My world is still ice cold
All my time and money
still won't bring you home
 I'm All alone
I'm all alone

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Nice song, I like it  :)
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Offline Paulo

• Super Hero
Guys, now I'm confused, reading the credits, I see 2 drumers and it's missing somebody who played the organ  ;D
Live the best you can 'cause you're gonna be dead for a long time.
Respect
Paulo Gomes

Vincent

I forgot about the organ...I cant even remember who played it its been so long...did you play organ on this paulo?...I need to check thread...thanks for the heads up about the credits.

Marc said he used Stones drums and also did some drum enhancements of his own.

Vincent

I think it was "J" who did keys so I added him to the credits...If Im wrong I will edit credits again.

Offline Studioplayer

• Super Hero
  • Overdrive
    • Reverbnation Website
Nice one guys. Has a bit of a Americana/Country flavour to it. You sing on Vincent's songs well Tricia. Great job guys!!  :)

Dave

Vincent

Yeah it took a while to finish this...it just sat around forever and it could of easily been done much sooner than what it was however its finally done.

Marc did the bulk of the work on this with mixing and editing so this thing is done because of him more than anything.

Thanks to marc and thanks for any comments.

Its a decent little tune...catchy melody.

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Thanks Vince and everyone :)
OK, for seps, Jay played the B3 (organ),strings and piano were done by someone else (should be on the thread Vince..if nit let me know and I can do some digging,everything is archived now), Ian drums (and a little countrified editing)...hope that helps! ;D
Yeah, this must have been one of thise 25 page collabs..lots of changes (think 2 or 3 drummers auditioned at least)...everyone heard and tracked to a rock song (including my overtly busy bass! ;D)..I more or less heard a country type song sitting at the mixing desk at the end of it all, so followed my ears! :D Glad to see it finalized in any form anyhow! ;)
Take care!
Marc

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
Thanks everyone...agreed, Tricia really has a great sound for this....if your girl rocker band doesn't pan out Tricia, you can always pull this stuff off in the bars (and earn double what the rock bars pay as well)...help the mortgage! ;D ;D I do find the line has blurred with the whole category thing these days. If Lynard Skynard was a new band these days, they'd call them "country" ...actually heard a heavily overdriven whammy dive lead on a "country" song the other day. I think it works this way these days (if you're a guy)...got a lower voice,over 27, built fairly big and can't scream, you play "country"...if you look like Adam Lambert, can break glass with your voice, and the tool kit in the trunk of your car is comprised of extra eyeliner, lip gloss, blush, and eye shadow (in case you lose your main kit somewhere)...and NOT tools...then you're destined to make it  big with rock or pop! Have a criminal  record and take your 45 semi-auto to bed or the shower?...DEFINETELY Hip Hop;D ;D ;D
Later!
Marc
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:10:15 PM by canuk62 »

Offline Tricia41

• Super Hero
  • sing
    • Hair by Tricia
LOL! Yes! You're probably right! ;D Call it "new country" and it will sell.  ;)

I'm hoping the girls I'm auditioning for will be into short "poppy" rock songs. maybe with a punk attitude (all original for sure).

The female drummer loves Godsmack, Rush and Nickelback, so who knows ?  :-\   ;D

There's a guy who keeps begging me to join a cover band with him, but that would be a job, and I already have a job! lol.

I'd rather let hubby do the cover thing, and make money.  8)

Offline canuk62

• Super Hero
LOL! Yes! You're probably right! ;D Call it "new country" and it will sell.  ;)

I'm hoping the girls I'm auditioning for will be into short "poppy" rock songs. maybe with a punk attitude (all original for sure).

The female drummer loves Godsmack, Rush and Nickelback, so who knows ?  :-\   ;D

There's a guy who keeps begging me to join a cover band with him, but that would be a job, and I already have a job! lol.

I'd rather let hubby do the cover thing, and make money.  8)

I personally think the bands that don't feel like "jobs" are alot better, and you'd defintely have alot more fun with "the girls" than some slick cover thing.As well, from I've seen (a buddy's wife (she's a lawyer) plays bass for a fairly poplular punk band based in Ottawa. I don't want to come off sounding "sexist" or whatever, but just the fact they are all relatively good looking ladies (early 30's maybe?) all decked-out in their punk attire, they've gotten quite alot of press, college and alternative radio, CBC airplay and opportunities that a "guy" band of their calibre would have trouble getting a gig for free, they back up some pretty major acts in Toronto and Montreal (I've heard them..will try to find a link and post it)..they aren't "bad" but not great either...most around here would blow the doors of this band, no probs (but we aren't as cute!) ;D ;D ;D(looking for a link)
Later!
Marc